Blood Song (Raven's Shadow, #1) Blood Song discussion

Ending questions -spoliers-

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Eric Lamora I literally got through 3/4 of this book to have a truck load of work come my way. I just finished it tonight and i definitely lost touch with the plot and characters. I have a few questions about the ending.

1) Can someone expand on what the wolf meant through the story. I understand it helped him in situations like the sandstorm and the trials. Was there more to it?, i have a feeling there was.

2) After 5 years in alpirian prison and after the battle of the shield, valein sees barkus. Why was vaelin waiting in Linesh (alperian territory) after being freed?. Wasn't he planning on finding sister Sherin. What was the "thing" that had barkus. Barkus was already dead right?

3)What happened to Vaelin at the very end?. When hes in the alpirian desert.

thx everyone

idcboobs 1) Wolf is still unknown, I'd guess it represents Vaelin's blood song power or something

2) Vaelin discovered (basically through trial and error) that Barkus had been taken over by that evil being the books mentions occasionally, we don't know what this being is, it will probably be expanded on in the following books. He assumes he defeated it by killing "Barkus" and leaves to find peace.

Barkus was taken over right back at the start of the book, when they were doing those trial things in the woods, when he literally ate his team-mate he was overcome with grief, the being took that chance to possess him (iirc)

3) Vaelin travels somewhere (cannnot remember) to find peace, doesn't wanna fight anymore

Marc Jones 1 and 3 are pretty much "read the next book to find out.
Idcboobs answer to number 2 is also expanded in the next book.
Ive been enjoying the tower lord so I highly recommend reading it.

idcboobs Marc wrote: "1 and 3 are pretty much "read the next book to find out.
Idcboobs answer to number 2 is also expanded in the next book.
Ive been enjoying the tower lord so I highly recommend reading it."

i've really been meaning to read that, i can't believe i forgot it was released, thanks for remind marc

Marc Jones Its a pretty good book so far. Expands alot of things the first left hanging, several new POVS aside from valein and far bigger scale of what really at play in the world.
Only around the 50% mark so wouldnt really want to say its better or worse than the blood song.

Eric Lamora thanks for the replies all. Will be reading tower lord after i finish up The black prism. Cant wait.