PenPal Readers discussion

PenPal Corner - Age Groups > Terrific Thirties (30's)

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Mar 28, 2018 10:47AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments For Gen Xers (30's)! This is your small group thread to say hello and start some conversations, which can lead to a penpal to connect with.

message 2: by Biju (new)

Biju V | 5 comments Hi all! I'm Biju, 32 y. o. guy from India. My main interest is travelling, then drawing/painting, postcrossing and penfriendship. To know more about me, please message. Hope to find some penpals from here :)

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm 30 from Tennessee USA. I love to read, write, draw in my sketchbook, play video games , go to the movies and more. I also run my own adults only book club on goodreads called The Reading for Pleasure book club so feel free to join us here:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Am only looking for friends not relationships and am happily single. Please send me a friend request if you want to PM me as I had to change my settings where only friends can message me and stuff recently due to a recent stalker attack.

Hope to chat with you soon.

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 3 comments Hello all. I'm Kelly and I'm 30 and from Tennesse (USA). I love to read, write, play with my son, hike, travel, watch movies and work out at my home gym. I have a cat that looks like Sylvestre from Looney Toons and she's addicted to cheese. I love drinking cinnamon tea and reading books in the wee hours of the morning. Something about the silence is so soothing.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Hudson (courtneyhudson) | 6 comments Hi, I'm Courtney, 29, also from Tennessee (USA). I love reading, writing, painting, video games, board games, and playing with digital art. I have 2 sons and I'm happily married; I'm a stay at home mom and I'm here just looking for friends.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Hey Kelly and Courtney, nice to meet you. Thanks for joining my book club. I hope you guys have fun there and awesome.

what video games do you like to play Courtney? Just curious. I love Stardew Valley and more.

and awesome Kelly, I have a cat too.

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Hudson (courtneyhudson) | 6 comments My husband and I play World of Warcraft, I've played a few others off and on, but mainly stick with WoW. I also play town of Salem with my nieces and step daughter. Fun tidbit for you, Kelly and I went to school together since elementary school, but only recently became friends thanks to goodreads and books lol.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann | 38 comments Hi all! I'm Ann. I'm 36 and from Florida (USA). I love basically anything that will entertain me (reading, concerts, movies, etc), and I love to write. I hate sleep vehemently. I'm a working mom with 2 kids.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) That's pretty cool Courtney and awesome. I play Stardew Valley, and more. I play on my 3ds, PS4, Wii, and N-64

and hey Ann

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) awesome Melina!

message 12: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Gillespie (cynmgill) Hi I’m Cynthia :) I am 36 and from SC. I love reading and writing is a huge passion of mine. I am also a mom of 3 who would love meet some new people. I love Thrillers, Mystery, True Crime!

message 13: by Ariel (new)

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 19 comments Hi, everyone, nice to meet you all! I'm Ariel, I'm 30 years old and from Georgia originally. Currently living in Alabama but it's not really my speed, hoping to move in the near future.

I love to read and am interested in a bit of everything. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Historical Fiction are my go-tos, though. I also love to paint, sketch, & go for hikes w/ my dog, a boxer named Leviosa. As you might presume from her name, I'm cool w/ all things geeky.

I actually met one of the best people I know in this group a couple years back so, though I've been MIA for a bit, I thought I'd check in to see how things were going & to hopefully meet some new people. Up for chatting on GR at first, possibly snail mail and such once we get to know each other a bit.

message 14: by Ariel (new)

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 19 comments Hey Melina :) That's great, do you mind me asking what the name of your blog is? I'd love to get back to writing reviews, I really miss it. It can take some time to get to know new people on here but it's def great when you find someone you click with. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving as well!

message 15: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 166 comments

Just noticed these small groups! I'm Amber, 37, from WA state/USA, mother of five (11, 9, 7, 5, and 3-on-Christmas... all book lovers as well!), energy healer, and dedicated reader. Nice to meet you all :)

message 16: by Keyla Marie (last edited Dec 22, 2018 07:06AM) (new)

Keyla Marie | 1 comments Hello, My name is Keyla. I'm from Puerto Rico but I living in Massachusetts. I'm 30 and I love to read historical, fantasy and psychological-thrillers. My first language is Spanish, I'm learning English. I hope I can find some penpals in here.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess Rodriguez | 5 comments Hey. I’m Jessica 35 originally from NYC but now in Virginia. Looking for pen pal with in the same age group. My fave books to read are sci-fi and fantasy. I enjoy watching tv shows about crime drama, sci fi and fantasy. I am a mom of 4 with 2 fur babies hoping to add more to my brood soon.

message 18: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 4 comments Hi everyone
I’m Alissa 32 years old and live in Australia. I love reading thrillers, fiction, mystery, some romance and horror. A bit of a mix!
I love doing craft in my spare time including crochet, art, drawing and anything similar. I also like fitness and going on walks and going to new places. Love to explore new cafes as well. I have an interest in mental health and I’m currently studying leisure and lifestyle for aged care.
Looking for a pen pal with similar interests and books interests. I’m happy meet international people. And if your from Australia too that’s good as well. Would love to do snail mail with maybe email a few messages first.
Send me a message if you’re interested 😊

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Hello "Happy Readers,"
My name is Amanda and I live in Arkansas, USA. I am a mom of 3 beautiful daughters and I NEVER get a chance to get out of the house and meet people, so online is my only option.

I love to read books of any type really. When I am not reading, I like to fish, play with my kids, play games on facebook, and spend time with my family. I am happily married, so I am only looking for friendships, other parents, and other readers. I am not interested in anything romantic. Feel free to message me to know more! I look forward to meeting people.

message 20: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (kempfme) I'm 38 in USA, Oklahoma. Only looking for friends. I'm happily married with a fur baby.
I love reading books when I get the time to do so. I also knit and listen to true crime podcasts, and bullet journal.
My favorite genre to read include but not limited to scifi, cozy mysteries, memoir, and thrillers.
Looking forward to hearing from you via Goodreads.

message 21: by Owain (new)

Owain (thedamned) | 2 comments Hey, my name is Owain and from South Wales in the UK. Looking to discuss books (along with anything else), mostly read fantasy base novels but always looking for other books to pick up.

Feel free to drop me a message but do prefer to chat either on here or email.

message 22: by Kjell Hansen (new)

Kjell Hansen Hi, my name is Kjell. I'm 37 and from Seattle in the US. I mainly like reading fantasy, weird fiction or science fiction but will read almost anything if I get a good recommendation.
I'd like to exchange snail-mail about any topic really. It's always great to get a different perspective on life.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Hello, my name is Maggie, and I'm 29. I live in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, and am married with two young girls. We have two dogs, and hope to own a farm in the very near future. I grew up on a hobby farm, and my husband spent several years working on one, which sparked his interest in farm-to-table eating. He's trained as a chef and currently works as a butcher. I am a huge reader, and love all genres, so it's very lucky indeed that I am employed as a librarian in our town. I enjoy singing, hiking, horseback riding, and writing, but my day just isn't complete without devouring a chapter or two! I absolutely adore getting mail, so I am hoping to find a snail-mail penpal. Shoot me a message if interested!

message 24: by Anastasiia (new)

Anastasiia Nesterenko | 9 comments Hi, I am Asya from Ukraine! I am a freelance academic writer and a mother to a ver active almost 6 year old due to start school. I am married and looking for good friends online. Snail mail is not an option sorry - I prefer electronic options. I love reading, travelling, theatre, Korean dramas and animals. Hope to find a friend!

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine Minch | 1 comments Hello!
I'm Christine, 34yrs old from Wisconsin USA. I am a mom of 2 kids, married and work full time. I recently fell back in love with reading. I stopped reading when my grandma passed away in 2013 and am now back to enjoying reading again. I would love to hear from anyone who would like to chat about life or books or anything in between.
Have a great day!

message 26: by Helen (new)

Helen | 4 comments Hello! I'm Helen, 30 years old from Somerset, England. I am married and work full time. I love reading and will read pretty much anything and everything. I also love writing and really enjoy snail mail pen-palling. I would love to meet some new penpals and chat about things (doesn't have to be book specific) and don't mind if they are based in the UK or anywhere around the world.

message 27: by Noel (last edited May 06, 2020 11:12AM) (new)

Noel (classicanoel) | 3 comments Hi all!

New to the group but not to letter writing. I'm only in my 30s for six more months! I'm going to miss it.

Female, 39, Ohio USA. Love science fiction, fantasy, psychological thrillers, Japanese fiction, manga, age-of-sail fiction, and Victorian literature. Also enjoy a variety of non-fiction books--just depends on my mood and interests at any given time.

Other than that, I love cats, tea, watercolor painting, drawing, fountain pens, journaling, Korean food, watching movies and TV (same genres as my book reading apply), playing my Switch (Hollow Knight is my fave, but I'm currently playing Animal Crossing), and quilting.

Used to be a professional editor but now I'm getting into software development. English is my native language, but I could limp along in Spanish if anyone wanted to do a language exchange.

Open for new pen pals! Just send me a PM. Thanks for reading!

message 28: by Candela (new)

Candela (candeb) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Cande.

I'm 31. I was born in Argentina but, at the moment I'm living in Germany. I speak Spanish, English and... im trying to learn German (it's a bit difficult). Also, last year i learned a little of Japanese!

I love to read because I love knowing new things.. new worlds.. new everything. And its relaxing. My taste in books is mixed. I like a little science fiction, fantasy (Terry Pratchett ist great), thrillers but also non fiction and novels like Jane Austin or Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

I love, also, watching Netflix, movies and playing nintendo switch.. Im a Mario bross. fan :-)

I work as a Cake Decorator. I mix cookies, cake and art! :-)

If you want to exchange e mails or something like that Let me know! Thanks for reading!

Cande

message 29: by Helen (new)

Helen (helly_fish) | 3 comments Hi 👋

I’m Helen, currently 32 and living in the UK. I love all things stationery and have really eclectic reading and tv tastes. I’d really like to get back into writing letter so would love a snail mail pen pal but an equally happy to kick the conversation off on email or Good Reads 🙂

message 30: by Julia (new)

Julia | 2 comments Hello readers, I’m new on this app and I’ve been meaning to try snailmail ever since I first heard of post crossing. There’s something special about receiving mail with your handwritten name on it. As technology grows deeper into our habits and we put our pencils down, letters, postcards and anything hand written really has become sort of precious to me. I actually like pretty much everything related to paper - sorry trees. The touch and smell of it, and the endless possibilities of a blank page.
So, if anyone feels like writing me, please do :) let’s make the most of this quarantine thing.
I’m from Brazil, currently living in The Netherlands.

message 31: by Christy (new)

Christy Tsolakidou | 3 comments Hi there!
I'm Christy, a 32 year old bookworm and fangirl living in London! I love reading fantasy, YA, murder mysteries, period dramas and contemporary fiction. I'd love to find a pen pal, if you're interested don't hesitate to message me!

message 32: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Morrissey Hello everyone,

my name's Mimi, I am 31 years old and enjoy reading (obviously), drinking tea or a glass of wine from time to time, watching movies and series, baking, cooking, listening to music and more introvert hobbies like those.

My favourite genres are horror, thriller, mystery, fantasy and crime, but I enjoy a lot of the other stuff as well.

Love,
Mimi