PenPal Readers discussion

PenPal Corner - Age Groups > Teens (16-19)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Mar 27, 2018 08:31PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments For Teen members (16-19)! This is your small group thread to say hello and start some conversations, which can lead to a penpal to connect with.

message 2: by Gala (new)

Gala (galaer) | 4 comments Hi! I'm Gala, I'm 16 and I'm from Spain. I love arts. I'm a painter, photographer and pianist. If you want to know more about me, check my profile, text me or answer this message. I'd love to meet you!😄

message 3: by Cristina (new)

Cristina | 5 comments Hi! I'm Cristina and I'm 16. I'm from Ireland and I love to read sci-fi, fantasy and YA fiction. I also love listening to music and playing the piano. I love to travel and one day I hope to visit New York

message 4: by Redroc11 (new)

Redroc11 | 1 comments Hello! I'm Red, I'm 16 and I live in the United States. I love Reading. My favorite genres are SCI-FI fantasy and non-fiction. My favorite author is Walter Isaacson, though that's bound to change. Other than reading I like to play the guitar, practice martial arts and Learn about languages.

message 5: by Anne ✨ (last edited Apr 19, 2018 05:27AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments If you like listening to YA audiobooks, there's a great summer program for teens 13+, where you can download audiobooks for free, 2/week, over 13 weeks of summer, beginning April 26. All you need is the Overdrive App (free) on your phone/tablet/pc etc.

All the info is here: https://audiobooksync.com/

For readers not in the US, most of the books are available worldwide with no restrictions, but here's more info on that: https://www.audiobooksync.com/non-us-...

message 6: by Gala (new)

Gala (galaer) | 4 comments Thank you for letting us know, Anne!

message 7: by Meritxell (new)

Meritxell Lancis (meri_lancis) | 3 comments Hi! My name is Meri I’m 17 and I’m from Barcelona! Apart from reading I enjoy running, watching movies and baking. I really like historical fiction, fantasy and contemporary! Although English it’s not my first language I try to read almost everything I can in English

message 8: by Elie (new)

Elie Smith (eliesmith) | 4 comments Hey guys! I'm Elanagh, I'm 17, and I'm from New York. I like to read just about anything but young adult fantasy is my favorite. I've been on Goodreads for a while but have never really done anything to take advantage of the fact that there are other people so, hi!

message 9: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 3 comments I'm Kitty I'm 16/17 I love reading Harry potter and I live in SA

message 10: by Mel (new)

Mel | 1 comments Hiiii guys!
My name is Mel, I'm 19 and from Germany. I love Harry Potter, Hamilton, Sarah J Mass books and Supernatural (#savewaywardsisters!) and I'm currently totally obsessed with Wonder Woman.

message 11: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 3 comments hi Mel

message 12: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 3 comments hi Meri

message 13: by Queenie (new)

Queenie | 1 comments Hello everyone! I'm Queenie and I'm turning 17 this year. I'm generally read YA fiction but I'm open to trying out other genres too. Other than books, I love music, movies, broadway and TV series (Sherlock!) Hope to get to know you all better, feel free to add me as a friend!! :)

message 14: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Thornes (authortlthornes) | 2 comments Hey there! I'm Tery and I'm 18. I'm almost off to college. I read a lot of classic fantasy, poetry, and just a lot of Kazuo Ishiguro books.
I'm an author, photographer, cinematographer and a book blogger.

PM me to connect :)

message 15: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 30, 2018 09:22PM) (new)

Elizabeth Gabriella (elizabethgabriella) | 11 comments Hi, I'm Elizabeth. I live in New York but I go to boarding school in Connecticut. My favorite subject is history. I love traveling, I have done service trips to Costa Rica and Peru and I went on a trip to China with my school. If any of you are from China, let me know because I would love to be pen pals and practice my Mandarin. Also, if anyone is from a francophone country, I would love to communicate in French. Anyways hmu to be pen pals!!

message 16: by Matilde (new)

Matilde Castro Real | 1 comments Hi, I'm Matilde. I'm from Portugal and I'm 17 years old.
I love reading, my favorite genre is YA but I like to read a little bit of everything.
I want to make friends in here, so if you'd like to talk, just message me.

message 17: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Harry Potter Fans? Check out this newly added challenge:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 18: by Lara (new)

Lara Isabel (laraisabelh) Hi,I'm Lara.I'm from Turkey and I'm 16 years old.I love reading and I want to be a writer when I grow up.I read just about every genre but my favourite is ya fantasy.Some of my favourite authors are Leigh Bardugo,Marie lu and Marissa Meyer.I would love to have international friends and talk about books.If you'd like to talk, please message me:)

message 19: by Tosia (new)

Tosia | 2 comments Well then, how should I start...
I'm looking for a penpal - if you haven't already guessed.
I've fallen deeply and completely for The Great Gatsby.
And books, everything about them.
But i absolutely hate online versions, ebooks...
Now, no one I know seems to understand... So if you're interested, you know what to do *please reply*
*we might get along better if your vocabulary is enriched by sarcasm like mine:)*

I should also probably add that my name is Tosia and I am 15.

message 20: by Vishal (new)

Vishal Ramesh (bbloggsbott) I'm Batman.

Sorry, too Nerdy for a first Impression.

Hello,
My name is Vishal. I'm 19. I am in the third year of college.

I'm a YouTube addict (I love The Richest, Veritasium, Cody's Lab, and New Rockstars). I love reading books and Machine Learning. Fantasy and Sci-Fi are my favorites. I am a tech geek, and love to know stuff. I am a good listener. I hate all sports, even in the form of video games and bet I am The laziest man on Earth. I am silent at first but once I get comfortable, there is no stopping me. I am a Die hard superhero fan. I could go on about me.

My responses might be a bit late due to the huge workload dumped on me in college.

Message me and I'll share my email ID with you.
Have a great day.

A Lazy Geek

Vishal

message 21: by Prithvi (new)

Prithvi Reddy | 2 comments hey everyone

message 22: by Sam (new)

Sam (solasisbald) | 1 comments Greetings from Kansas.
My name is Sam and I have an unhealthy relationship with Dragon Age. I read mostly fantasy and sci-fi and have far too many books crammed into my room. I spend too much time having movie marathons. I hope to find someone that is up to lore discussions as I've scared off all of my friends lol. I am up to pretty much and form of communication.
p.s. I'm a recovering weeb.

message 23: by Prithvi (new)

Prithvi Reddy | 2 comments hello @sam welcome ..what's your fav sci fi novel

message 25: by Therese (new)

Therese (theresbooks) Hi everybody!
My name's Therese, I'm 18 and at college. I'm looking for someone around my age (so 16-19) to talk about books/life with! I like classics, fantasy, literary fiction, and I'll read pretty much everything I can get my hands on. Outside of reading I love to hike and kayak (and just be outside!) and I'm hoping to be an English major.
Don't be afraid to message me. I hope we can be friends!! :)
(Und wenn sie Deutsch sprechen, kontaktieren Sie mich. Ich muss Deutsch üben!)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi

So life´s a bloody mess, I´m not british and I need a friend.
Also: I´m sixteen so you creepy 60-year old dude out there - do not respond.

:))))))

message 27: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophiesboekstagram) Hello everybody,
I'm Sophie and I'm from The Netherlands. I'm 16 years old and it is underrated when I tell you that I love to read. YA is my favourite but I also love those teenromance stories idk why :)
I probably already watched all the movies on Netflix because I'm a movie addict. What else is there about me?? I guess i have a kind of weird taste in music, I love LOVE K-pop, like BTS, EXO and so many more. I recently started to watch Kdrama's aswell and boy I loveeeee them!!
If you are interested in talking with me I would love to make some new friends to talko to, about stuff like books and life..
Greetsings from me<3

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily Hi I'm Emily, um I'm pretty awkward but I love a good book and a bad pun so if you have any bad jokes or even if you don't feel free to shoot me a message!

message 29: by Autumn (new)

Autumn | 1 comments Hi I'm Autumn, I am 17 and like reading. I am a theatre kid, and going into psychology next year. I can be kinda awkward at first but I am still really excited to find a pen pal:)

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited May 03, 2020 05:53PM) (new)

Hey! I'm Leah! I'm looking for a pen pal! I like reading, playing sports (specifically basketball, volleyball, and field hockey), dance, art (mostly photography and graphic design), crafts, and playing outside. When I grow up, I want to become a pediatrician, or a trapeze artist. I'm learning Spanish, so if anyone speaks Spanish, it would be great if I could practice. Please message me!

message 31: by A_ bookbound _soul (last edited Jun 14, 2019 08:11PM) (new)

A_ bookbound _soul (a_bookbound_soul) | 8 comments Hi! I'm Grace and I'm 15 (will be 16 in July). I'm a Potterhead. I also like Divergent, Hunger Games and all of Rick Riordan's books. I'm a fangirl. I also like painting and watching sitcoms (a recent hobby). Alos currently I'm watching The Originals, it's awesome! Looking for a pen-pal on Goodreads. Feel free to message me :)

message 32: by Emily (new)

Emily Autumn wrote: "Hi I'm Autumn, I am 17 and like reading. I am a theatre kid, and going into psychology next year. I can be kinda awkward at first but I am still really excited to find a pen pal:)"
Hey I like theater too! Do you have a favorite show

message 33: by Jess (new)

Jess (tinydrod) | 2 comments Hi! I'm Jessica and I'm 17 living in California. I read a LOT. I mostly read romance but i also read fantasy, thrillers, and dystopias. I am a photographer, i play the cello, and i play waterpolo. I watch a lot of tv some of my faves are the vampire diaries and the spin offs, Weeds, The 100, the office, united states of tara, The handmaids tale, and many more. I'm looking for reading buddies or penpals. Just looking to make friends. (p.s my hand writing is rlly bad so good luck to whoever want to write to me )

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!

message 35: by violet (new)

violet Hey I'm Violet and I'm 16! I love reading sci-fi and romance!

message 36: by Blue (new)

Blue Muffin | 3 comments Hey Violet! Where are you from?

message 37: by violet (new)

violet the us, what about you?

message 38: by Blue (new)

Blue Muffin | 3 comments India

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

cool!

message 40: by Blue (new)

Blue Reviews (blue_reviews) Hi I’m Meg (or Blue) I’m 16 and have been writing a book series for 7 years (it’s changed a lot since I was 9, clearly). I love reading YA fantasy and adventure stories, I love travel, and I hope to be a published author one day. I’ll be going to university in fall 2021 and I need to figure out my major before then lol

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!

message 42: by violet (new)

violet hiya!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

How are you?

message 44: by violet (new)

violet I'm good, what about you?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Bored but good

message 46: by marta (new)

marta Hi! I'm Márta, and I'm a 19 year old girl from Hungary. Few years ago I used to read a lot (maybe too much to be honest) and somehow I lost my motivation in completing books. I'm trying to get it back now, and maybe with a penpal it would be easier. The genres I like the most are thriller and mystery, but I'm open to any kind of books, so if you would like to talk with me about them, maybe recommend me some, and enjoy this low quality English I have send me a private message.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello!

message 48: by Jordan (last edited Jun 30, 2020 08:08PM) (new)

Jordan | 2 comments Hi, my name is Jordan and I'm a girl in the US. I love realistic and dystopian fiction as well as historical fiction. I am starting to enjoy classics and have reread Pride and Prejudice a few times. I love learning, but non-fiction books really aren't my thing. Crafting however is my thing and my crafts vary from sewing to scrapbooking to beading and just about everything else ( with the exception of yarn ). I also play high school softball and love weightlifting. I would really like to find a Snail Mail penpal if anyone is interested please IM me!

message 49: by Mia (new)

Mia (mia_riley) | 1 comments Hey there! I'm Mia (16) and I'm from the US. I enjoy all types of fiction, especially fantasy and dystopian novels. I enjoy gardening, hiking, arts & crafts, jamming out to new music and of course, reading! If I'm ever missing, you can find me at Hobby Lobby or outside with my plants and pets. I'm looking for someone to get creative with via snail mail. Let me know if anyone is looking for a new pen pal!

message 50: by Ashna (new)

Ashna Tibrewal | 2 comments Hey, I am ashna tibrewal. I am 16 year old and live in india. I recently shifted cities and school. unlike my previous school, I can find any book reader which is lonesome. hence, I am looking for a pen pal who can gush, discuss about books as well some day to day experience. I would love any message or friend request. I also enjoy watching shows, movies, craft, singing, piano, painting and sketching.
look forward to be your penpal.

« previous 1