Spaztic Readers discussion

2018 Archives > April Readathon

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leela (new)

Leela There will be a readathon in April from 15th to the 21st! Join us in this readathon and discuss what you are reading! I'm currently debating if mini challenges would be fun for this readathon. Let me know if that's something we could do.

message 2: by Leela (new)

Leela I have added some mini challenges for our readathon! They are not required but this serves as a way to challenge yourself for this week! The challenges are:

1.) Finish a book in one day.
2.) Read a book that was published in 2018.
3.) Read a book that was a gift to you.
4.) Read a book with a character that has a special ability.
5.) Read an adult book with illustrations.

Those are the challenges for this readathon! I would love to know what books you will be reading for this coming week!

message 3: by Leela (new)

Leela And for those who want to challenge themselves a little further, I have started an Instagram tag for us and have a few extra Instagram challenges!

1.) A picture of a drawing/painting of a book cover that you are reading for this readathon.
2.) Shelfie highlighting the books you will be reading for this readathon.
3.) Picture of you reading a book you have chosen for this readathon outside.
4.) Selfie with a book you're reading for this week.
5.) Book you are reading this week with a coffee or tea.

The tag for our readathon will be #spazticreaders! I will be posting my own pictures sometime today!

message 4: by Leela (new)

Leela Starting Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5) by Laini Taylor ! This is for challenges 1 and 5!

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (librarianryan) | 9 comments I shall be finishing up some Graphic Novels. And Artemis Fowl #FowlaDay reread.

I will not be on instragram but you can find me on Litsy @LibrarianRyan

message 6: by Leela (new)

Leela I've only read 1 book for the readathon! Working on book 2 now!

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) missed this months readathon but look forward to next months.

message 8: by Leela (new)

Leela Wendy wrote: "missed this months readathon but look forward to next months."

This was a really slow month for us since we just started but there will definitely be a readathon next month!