The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) The Young Elites discussion

similarity

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abeer (new)

Abeer Bershed I dont know if its just me, but this book sounds a whoooooooooooooole lot like the darkest minds and divergent mixed together. Still hope it turns out good though! The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken

message 2: by Lev (new) - added it

Lev I love The Darkest Minds as well as Marie Lu's Legend trilogy so if its anything like The Darkest Minds and Divergent combined then I am 3x more excited now!

Jana At first I thought it sounded a lot like The Darkest Minds. The concept of the plague and only young people gaining special powers from it is very similar. However, now that there is a synopsis up you can tell the storyline is going to be completely different. And I've also read the 66-page excerpt online and I can tell you now, it is nothing like TDM. I have to admit though I really did not like TDM and from what I've read of The Young Elites, I think it is going to be so much better. Sorry, just my opinion :/

message 4: by Fox (last edited Aug 24, 2014 10:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fox Jana wrote: "At first I thought it sounded a lot like The Darkest Minds. The concept of the plague and only young people gaining special powers from it is very similar. However, now that there is a synopsis up ..."

Same for me. This is a WAY different book--this is full on fantasy. Think Xmen meets Avatar/Korra with the places/cotumes/settings of Assassins Creed with a dash of Game of Thones... I got the book early at comic con and read it in a day