Telugu Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Store Room/Group reads > April, 2018 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 298 comments Mod
Some of us are interested in group reads. Please nominate books here and we can set up polls in 5 days and vote for a group read. We need a couple more days to organise everything and post a regular schedule for all these things. I think we all can treat this first group read as a trial to see how things work out. I know 5 days is a short time, but we are about to step into April. So, post your nominations. For this month, please post just one nomination per member.

message 2: by eesha (new)

eesha | 28 comments Every month oka author or topic or genre pick chesi dani nundi nominate cheyatam better option anukuntunnanu. People can choose from that topic for nomination instead of random selections. So we can have an idea of what was covered and what to be chosen next.

message 3: by Priya (last edited Mar 28, 2018 07:05AM) (new)

eesha wrote: "Every month oka author or topic or genre pick chesi dani nundi nominate cheyatam better option anukuntunnanu. People can choose from that topic for nomination instead of random selections. So we ca..."

Yes. That is the idea. This group is formed recently and we are still working on the schedules. So, for the month of April, books from any genre are invited. Once we are all set up, we will go by themes/genres.

message 5: by ♛ ѶaɱՏ¡ , @విశ్వనరుడునేను (new)

♛ ѶaɱՏ¡  TM (vamsikrishnatm) | 350 comments Mod
Sure Mahendra, one more vote to - pakudurallu by Ravuri Bharadhwaja

message 6: by eesha (new)

eesha | 28 comments Priya wrote: "eesha wrote: "Every month oka author or topic or genre pick chesi dani nundi nominate cheyatam better option anukuntunnanu. People can choose from that topic for nomination instead of random select..."

Alright.

And I am also interested in reading pakudu rallu.

message 7: by Ravi (new)

Ravi (goodreadscomuncertainp) m also interested in reading Ravuri Bhardhwaja gari novels, lets make this as our first group read...

message 8: by Priya (new)

Ee book eppatnuncho chadavalanukunnanu. Vere nominations emi levu and 5 votes already vachayi. So, I will create a thread for April group read tomorrow.

message 9: by Mahendra (new)

Mahendra Madavaram | 68 comments ha avunu nenu kuda chala rojula nundi chadavali anukuntunnannu kudarledu , so we all will read together so that we can share our opinions :)

message 10: by Harish (new)

Harish Challapalli (harishchallapalli) | 302 comments Mod
i have read that book last year.. its a must read book for telugu book lovers.. but i can tell you that it takes more time to complete than u expect.. so plan accordingly..

@priya: just a doubt..just like now, what if one person already read the book which gets more votes?

message 11: by Harish (new)

Harish Challapalli (harishchallapalli) | 302 comments Mod
Harish wrote: "i have read that book last year.. its a must read book for telugu book lovers.. but i can tell you that it takes more time to complete than u expect.. so plan accordingly..

@priya: just a doubt..j..."

in my case, i am interested for group reads, but i have already read that book..

@others.. opinions pls

message 12: by Priya (new)

Harish wrote: "@priya: just a doubt..just like now, what if one person already read the book which gets more votes? ."

That will happen more frequently than we expect. In case of group reads, there is no guarantee that all the members wouldn't have read/like to read, the winning book. If that happens, like now, the member can re-read and discuss or just participate in the discussion without re-reading it or even completely sit out that particular group read.

message 13: by eesha (new)

eesha | 28 comments Priya wrote: "Harish wrote: "@priya: just a doubt..just like now, what if one person already read the book which gets more votes? ."

That will happen more frequently than we expect. In case of group reads, ther..."

This makes sense, that too with less time this month. May be next month we would have more time to explore more options.

message 14: by Mahendra (new)

Mahendra Madavaram | 68 comments Priya wrote: "Harish wrote: "@priya: just a doubt..just like now, what if one person already read the book which gets more votes? ."

That will happen more frequently than we expect. In case of group reads, ther..."

yeah those who have read a book already can participate in the disucssion

message 15: by Sri (new)

Sri Gogineni (srisasidharg) | 5 comments Hi,
Just i am new to this concept.Is this related to dicussion of the book mentioned?

message 16: by eesha (new)

eesha | 28 comments Sri wrote: "Hi,
Just i am new to this concept.Is this related to dicussion of the book mentioned?"

Yes, in regards to the group reads, if someone read nominated book of the month already, they can participate in the discussion of that book.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.