What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Gather Together in My Name
This topic is about Gather Together in My Name
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Triplet brothers / one becomes a politician / other goes to jail [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elliot (new) - added it

Elliot | 3 comments Think I read this book around 10 years ago but not sure of when it was published.

The book is fiction about African American twin brothers who grow up committing crime in America. One becomes a politician (maybe mayor of NY) and I believe the other continues to commit crime until given the death sentence.

Seem to remember the book being quite hard hitting. (May of been because I was young). Detailed scene about miscarriage, regular drug use etc.

The criminal brother may get death penalty for a crime he didn't commit.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
Elliot--I've removed the all caps you used in your thread title. Please use all caps sparingly, since it is viewed as yelling at people.

What genre would you call this one Elliot--literary, thriller, mystery? I'm basing the last 2 suggestions on the fact that you said that the criminal brother got the death penalty for something he didn't do.

Do you have any memories of the cover?

message 3: by Elliot (new) - added it

Elliot | 3 comments Applogies, I would say genre would be crime/thriller. But the book focuses more on the relationship between the two brothers and how they are now on seperate paths. I have no memory of the cover unfortunately

message 5: by Elliot (new) - added it

Elliot | 3 comments That's the one! This is where I've been going wrong all this time, searching for twins instead of triplet's! Thank you Kris.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gather Together in My Name (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tracy Price-Thompson (other topics)