What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Beyond Terror (Ghostworld, #1)
This topic is about Beyond Terror
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Adventure fantasy book about living teen trapped in afterlife. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Benjamin (last edited Mar 27, 2018 04:01PM) (new)

Benjamin Griffel | 5 comments I am looking for a book series about a teen boy who is trapped in the afterlife who is trying to get back home. He isn't dead, but the other characters are. Characters he makes friends with in the book include a pretty girl, a magician, and a daredevil. I think the character wears a bruce springsteen tshirt and I remember the girl was from the 60s and her favorite show was "Get Smart". In this world the afterlife lies along a great river and souls can appear anywhere along the river. In the last book they make it to the source of the river which helps them somehow but I can't remember how. This series is most likely from the 1990s thought I am not 100% sure. I read it in the 90s at least.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I'm assuming this isn't one of the books from Riverworld, correct? To Your Scattered Bodies Go is the first book in the series. If not, I hope someone knows what it is and ids it quickly, because I'd really like to read it.

message 3: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Griffel | 5 comments That does sound similar but is definitely not it. The main character of the story I am looking for was contemporary to the US in the 80s 90s.

message 5: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Griffel | 5 comments Yes I think that's it! thanks!