2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE - General > Audiobooks from Overdrive

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (sarauscher) | 7 comments Hi All!!

I have really been enjoying adding Audiobooks to my reading list this year. I can listen to them while on the way to work and around the house while doing chores. I even got a set of good headphones and am really enjoying getting housework done while listening to books.

I use Overdrive through my library. I have listened to several James Patterson books in The Women's Murder Club and The Alex Cross Series. I really enjoyed all of them. I do like series, because I can just go from one to the next easily. But I am open to stand alone books as well.

I enjoy suspense, mystery, and also enjoy books with medical themes to them. I am not a big romance reader, but don't mind romance within a story (if that makes any sense LOL!) I also have read all the JD Robb books and some of the Nora Roberts books as well.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for good audiobooks. I am having a hard time finding any available through Overdrive...

Thanks so much for any thoughts!
Sheryl

message 2: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hi Sheryl,
I loved Yes Please The Girl Before and am actually listening to Ready Player One now. I will think on it some more and come back and add to my list.

message 3: by ReGina (new)

ReGina (regifabulous) | 274 comments Sheryl,

A helpful tip for you - the Overdrive account is tied to individual libraries, but you can have as many libraries on your account as you would like. Talk with some of your friends who live in larger cities and ask them if they will allow you to put their library card on your account. This will give you a much wider selection and there's no concern about late fees!

message 4: by ReGina (new)

ReGina (regifabulous) | 274 comments I also recommend humor and memoir books since those are usually read by the author and good listens.

message 5: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 80 comments If you like nonfiction, A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson is funny and a good listen. For horror, there is a version of Dracula with Tim Curry narrating Van Helsing. It is excellent.

Xe Sands is an amazing narrator. She narrates a witchy series written by Juliet Blackwell. Good series.