Our Classical Journey discussion

Books Read in 2017-2018 > The Three Musketeers - Non-Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta, Moderator (last edited Apr 02, 2018 02:28PM) (new)

Loretta | 3971 comments Mod
Please use this thread for first impressions (non-spoilers), background and general information.

Member Tiffany from ON, Canada, has graciously decided to lead our discussions on The Three Musketeers.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait to start reading this again! The Three Musketeers is one of my favourite book!

message 3: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Tiffany wrote: "I can't wait to start reading this again! The Three Musketeers is one of my favourite book!"

Good to see you back around Tiffany! 😊

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I am going through one of my random bouts of strangeness. One minute I love everything to do with books, the next I completely hate them and want them removed from my life. It's horrible, Loretta! Absolutely horrible. :(

I hope that reading a book that I really love and am familiar with will help me get back to normal.

Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... I am going to try to squeeze this one in... though I have a bunch of long ones this month!

message 6: by John (new)

John I've requested my copy from the library.

In a rare occurrence, all 3 group books for April are ones that I've been wanting to read. Hopefully I can squeeze them all in.

I'll be buying a copy of Coming Up for Air off ebay tomorrow.

message 7: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Kelly wrote: "I am going to try to squeeze this one in... though I have a bunch of long ones this month!"

Hope you can manage Kelly! 😊

message 8: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

John wrote: "I've requested my copy from the library.

In a rare occurrence, all 3 group books for April are ones that I've been wanting to read. Hopefully I can squeeze them all in.

I'll be buying a copy of ..."

How cool is that John? I'm glad that our picks for April are ones that you want to read!! 😊

message 9: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Tiffany wrote: "I am going through one of my random bouts of strangeness. One minute I love everything to do with books, the next I completely hate them and want them removed from my life. It's horrible, Loretta! ..."

I hope this read gets you back in the saddle again Tiffany! 😊

message 10: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Corey I think I’ve read this before! It was probably a long time ago, but as I’m going through it all seems very familiar.

message 11: by WhatIReallyRead (new)

WhatIReallyRead | 371 comments I've read this book as a teen and loved it! Ended up binge-reading all of the sequels too. I hope to re-read it one day in French, but that time hasn't arrived yet. Won't be joining this read, but I hope everyone enjoys this read!

message 12: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

WhatIReallyRead wrote: "I've read this book as a teen and loved it! Ended up binge-reading all of the sequels too. I hope to re-read it one day in French, but that time hasn't arrived yet. Won't be joining this read, but ..."

I hope you'll join our discussion on the spoilers thread Anna! Would love to hear your thoughts! 😊

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

To those of you who want to read the book, but can't find it in the library/bookshops, there's a copy on Gutenberg. For anyone who wishes to read the book in French, I've got the link included below as well.

The Three Musketeers

Les trois mousquetaires

Hope everyone enjoys reading this book! :D

message 14: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Tiffany wrote: "To those of you who want to read the book, but can't find it in the library/bookshops, there's a copy on Gutenberg. For anyone who wishes to read the book in French, I've got the link included belo..."

Excellent Tiffany! Thanks for finding this and posting! 🤗

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Your welcome! At the moment, I have to use Gutenberg. I am not home. I am visiting my grandmother, but I might get it out of the library using her library card.

I know that not everyone has access to a library or to a bookshop. Gutenberg is always your best friend... well, most of the time it is. ;)

message 16: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Uhler (vivi_uhler) I’m loving the Three Musketeers! I have never read such an exciting and humorous classic before. I’ve read the Count of Monte Cristo and loved it, so Dumas is definitely still meeting my expectations. What a masterful author!

message 17: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Jenna wrote: "I’m loving the Three Musketeers! I have never read such an exciting and humorous classic before. I’ve read the Count of Monte Cristo and loved it, so Dumas is definitely still meeting my expectatio..."

Glad you're enjoying the book Jenna! 😊

message 18: by Piyangie (new)

Piyangie | 436 comments I'm yet to start on. Hope in a day or two that I'll able to begin.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Jenna: I am glad you are enjoying this book so much! Dumas is definitely an amazing author. He had such amazing ideas for his books.

@ Piyangie: So many excellent books are going on this month in the group. Hope to see you here soon :D

Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... Tiffany wrote: "Your welcome! At the moment, I have to use Gutenberg. I am not home. I am visiting my grandmother, but I might get it out of the library using her library card.

I know that not everyone has access..."

LibriVox is also great -- so many of these classics have been recorded.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't even know anything about LibriVox. Thanks for sharing the website! Is it sort of like an audiobook website? That is actually really interesting! I shall check this site out.

message 22: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Just want to take a moment here and thank Tiffany for leading the great discussion of The Three Musketeers!

Thank you Tiffany! 😊