Adult Horror Book Club discussion

Tell us a little about yourself!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Bryant (scottbryant) | 42 comments Mod
Hello, everyone!

My name is Scott, and I am the moderator of this little (soon to be bigger) group.

I live in North Georgia, but my wife (Becky) and we are moving to Wisconsin in a few months. The heat in Georgia is just tough for us.

I am an avid reader, and horror is my favorite genre.

My favorite horror authors are Stephen King, Michael Mcdowell, Bentley Little, Adam Cesare and John Saul.

Send me a message any time you would like. I would like to hear from you.

Scott.

Bonnie B. Lewis | 2 comments My name is Bonnie Lewis. I currently live in Buford, GA with my husband Tony, his 4 kids, and a slew of animals of various kinds. I lived in Wisconsin for 17 years before moving to Georgia.

I love all kinds of books in different genre's. My favorites are historical fiction, nonfiction, horror, John Grisham type books, thrillers, and fantasy. I'm sure I've read books in other categories as well. I despise science fiction and romance.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Hi, Bonnie!! I hope you have a great time in this group!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (kitschywytch) | 2 comments My name is Laura, I lived in Georgia until I moved to Florida about two years ago to live with the love of my life. We have three feline furbabies named Freya, Loki, and Salem. I am a somewhat sporadic reader and I enjoy reading horror, sci-fi, fantasy, and mystery primarily. I've lately been really into Lovecraft and adjacent stories. :9

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments Hi, I’m Jill. I’m a general dentist from West Virginia. I have always been an avid reader and Stephen King fan. I love books, movies and my little shih tzu. I will read all genres but horror is my favorite.

message 6: by Robert (new)

Hi, Laura and Jill!! Don't forget to nominate your choice for horror subgenre here on the group page! Have a great time and happy reading!

message 7: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 10 comments Hi there guys! I'm Ari 😊 I'm from South Africa, where I live with my boerboel Zoe. I love reading, I read anything and everything. Stephen King is my favourite author. I'm really excited to be part of this group 😁

message 8: by Robert (new)

Hi, Ariana!! It's very nice to hear from you! I am a major Stephen King fan as well. It and Salem's Lot are my favorites from him.

message 9: by Leila (new)

Leila | 8 comments Hi, I'm a few days late joining, but my name is Leila and I live in GA with my husband and our 3 dogs (i.e. furry children). I'm an avid reader, huge fan of music (I'm currently learning to play the piano) and a movie nerd :) Nice to meet ya'll!

message 10: by Robert (new)

Hi, Leila! Let's have some fun with some scary books!

message 11: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 2 comments Hello
My name is Caitlin. I am a Georgia girl born and raised. (but I dont like grits or sweet tea haha)
I consider myself a poet at heart. Though it has been many years since I've written.

I dont read as much as I want to or should. I have a Bachelor's degree in English lit but am SLOW AS CHRISTMAS when reading a book. I barely made it through any of the books I read in college due to time limits.... but I am great at symbolism and bsing my way through a paper about a book. ha.
Anyway,
Genres I enjoy reading are: poetry, nonfiction (spiritual, true crime) historical fiction, mystery, graphic novels, horror, and good ole fantasy (with occasional sci-fi thrown in.... mainly short stories my dad shows me from fantasy and sci-fi the magazine.) and more probably.

I really like a depressing book.
Joe Hill is my favorite current author with his graphic series "Locke and Key" being at the top of all my lists. 😁

Sorry that this post was so long. You said "a little"

whoops.

message 12: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 2 comments I meant to say the reason I am so slow when reading is that I internally vocalize. It will be nice to be a part of a group to give me time frames to read a book. I'm so slow.

message 13: by Robert (new)

Awesome! We gotta get some Joe Hill going in this group!

message 14: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments I just read NOS4A2 and I loved it! I’m all in to read some Joe Hill.

message 15: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments I just set down at my desk at work and I saw that AMC ordered NOS4A2 to series. I am so excited!

message 16: by Robert (new)

That is very cool, Jill!! I will be watching that.

message 17: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments Me too!

message 18: by Danah (last edited Apr 21, 2018 02:22AM) (new)

Danah G. (alleycatlit) | 2 comments Hello! My name is Danah and I'm currently living in Fukuoka, Japan. And yes, I love Japanese horror. I'm also a big fan of thrillers, mystery and historical fiction. Most of the horror I've read weren't in English. I'm really excited to discover new and exciting books with this group!

message 19: by Robert (new)

Welcome, Danah! It is great to have you along!!

message 20: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (mrsreads) | 1 comments Hi, my name is Tanya and I'm in Michigan. I'm excited to join a group that loves horror as much as I do! My favorite genres to read are mysteries, horror, and true crime (with some nonfiction thrown in for fun), which means I don't *fit in* with the tastes of most book club groups. I can't wait for my TBR to balloon out of control here. :)

message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1 comments Hey all! I'm Sara and I'm also in Michigan, recently relocated from North Carolina. I love to read a variety of genres, but this year I've been on a quest to find the scariest book ever written (at least to me). So I'm always looking for some good suggestions and new authors to try. Haven't found it yet! Oh, and my coonhound (Susie) is a giant chicken and thinks all kinds of things are scary ;)

message 22: by Eric (new)

Eric | 1 comments Hi my name is Eric and I am a huge lover of Horror and dark Fantasy some of my favorite sub genres of horror are Southern Gothic and southern horror (sometimes called backwoods horror) Weird Westerns and any thing to do with creepy carnivals, circus and amusement parks as well as some really good British horror. Some of my favorite authors are Joe R Lansdale, Stephen King, Richard Matheson, Robert Laymon, Joe Hill. I look forward to chatting with you all.

message 23: by Scott (new)

Scott Grimstead | 4 comments My name is Scott and am a paramedic living in South Florida. I recently have come to enjoy reading books and find that once I start reading a good book putting it down is the task. many times I have wished that I had someone reading the same book with me to discuss. I just recently had the idea to look up book clubs and here I am. I tried to read everyday because I usually cannot read during the weekends. I am looking forward to our first book. I am open to most types of horror suspense thriller and mystery do get me the most excited.

message 24: by Scott (new)

Scott Grimstead | 4 comments My name is Scott and am a paramedic living in South Florida. I recently have come to enjoy reading books and find that once I start reading a good book putting it down is the task. many times I have wished that I had someone reading the same book with me to discuss. I just recently had the idea to look up book clubs and here I am. I tried to read everyday because I usually cannot read during the weekends. I am looking forward to our first book. I am open to most types of horror suspense thriller and mystery do get me the most excited.