Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > First 3 Chapters; Fantasy; 3 POVs

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan | 10 comments I'm looking for beta readers to read the first 3 chapters of the first book in a trilogy I'm working on - currently on its fourth edit. It's first person, told through three points of view. This book will be long (120k+), so fair warning if you want to beta read the rest of it when I'm done!
Content warning for mature themes including child abuse.
Target Audience: 18+

Thank you for considering reading my work!

The Hearts of Wolves

Viviana Ashwyn, second daughter to a greedy King, has forever lived in the shadow of her dutiful and wise older sister. Resigned to her life as a political pawn, she prepares to marry a recently widowed Duke, until tragedy descends on the wedding and forces her to flee her home, hunted by zealots seeking the downfall of the monarchy. With no ally to turn to, Viviana will do anything to reunite her family and take back their kingdom, only to uncover a far more sinister plot and a foe believed long dead…

Zilna’re Svinna was taken from her home and raised in the mountain castle of Caerliara, where she trains to be an Archivist, a master and protector of all forms of magic. But when she comes across an ancient and secret magic known to few, and a man desperate for its power, she is determined to keep it from his clutches, no matter what, or who, it takes…

Castien longs for a simple life, free of the death he deals out daily to carve a quiet existence out of the borders of Serus, under the shadow of the looming Toran kingdom. Fate has seen him live through every horror the world has sought to bury him in, so a stranger in the river is a reprieve - and an escape, if only they don’t kill one another first…

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily Albiez | 4 comments Hi Megan,
Your story sounds really interesting, and I would love read these chapters and give you some feedback with the prospect of becoming an ongoing beta reader as you continue the story.
You can email me at lca.abridged@gmail.com with your chapters and your expectation from your beta reader (i.e any questions you have, or particular aspects of the story you'd like looked at) if you're interested.
Thanks,
Lily

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 10 comments Hi Lily,
Thank you so much for offering to beta read my work.
I'm away from my office for the weekend, but I'll get an email sent out to you on Tuesday, all things being well.

I hope we can have a productive partnership!

Meg