Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

27 views
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Century Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (last edited Mar 27, 2018 11:56AM) (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
When do you want to pick it up? Ad hoc the schedule or do a book a month?

Fall of Giants
Winter of the World
Edge of Eternity


message 2: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6711 comments Scott wrote: "When do you want to pick it up? Ad hoc the schedule or do a book a month?

Fall of Giants
Winter of the World
Edge of Eternity"


However you want, I am open to suggestions:)


message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments Hmmmm, my girlfriend read this and loved it...but they're three giant books!


message 4: by Frank (new)

Frank | 695 comments I read the first two, quite good, especially if you enjoy 20th century history.
if you attempt the trilogy I will do a reread of the first two, depending on your dates.


message 5: by Frank (new)

Frank | 695 comments By the way a bit of a departure for FBR??


message 6: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6711 comments Yeah, we just finished his Kingsberry Trilogy and his historical research and insight into the way the world turns, are very good!


message 7: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6711 comments * I meant Kingsbridge😀😀😀


message 8: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments Kingsberry Trilogy, now that would be an interesting book hahaha!


message 9: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6711 comments Olivia wrote: "Kingsberry Trilogy, now that would be an interesting book hahaha!"

Hahaha! I know! I am an idiot:)


message 10: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Frank wrote: "By the way a bit of a departure for FBR??"

We've ventured into historical fiction on many occasions. I came name dozens of series which are both HF and Fantasy. Malazan, ASOIAF, Shadow Campaigns, Powder Mage...........


message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Choko wrote: "Scott wrote: "When do you want to pick it up? Ad hoc the schedule or do a book a month?

Fall of Giants
Winter of the World
Edge of Eternity"

However..."


April, May and June 10th? I would go quicker but it looks like we have more interested parties so I'd rather make it more inclusive for everybody.


message 12: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6711 comments Scott wrote: "Choko wrote: "Scott wrote: "When do you want to pick it up? Ad hoc the schedule or do a book a month?

Fall of Giants
Winter of the World
[book:Edge of Eternity|23190..."


I am totally cool with it:):):)


message 13: by Frank (new)

Frank | 695 comments Scott wrote: "Frank wrote: "By the way a bit of a departure for FBR??"

We've ventured into historical fiction on many occasions. I came name dozens of series which are both HF and Fantasy. Malazan, ASOIAF, Shad..."

True, much of fantasy is based upon different historical eras.
I'm good with that, I have been reading historical fiction for years, started that genre before fantasy.


message 14: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6711 comments After reading Historical Fiction and Fantasy, I can tell you guys it has totally ruined my contemporary romance erotica reading experience . I never expect much from that genre anyway, but after 3 months of a steady diet of well written Fantasy, I can barely stomach the crude writing of the book I attempted as a break... This is terrible. I have been spoiled for ever!


message 15: by Frank (new)

Frank | 695 comments Choko. May I ask what book is that?


message 16: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6711 comments Frank wrote: "Choko. May I ask what book is that?"

Yeah, The Mount Trilogy by Meghan March... I am going to give it the 3 stars I give books of that genre when they are very, very average, but it is just grading on the brain, the difference of quality... And it is being given so many 5 star ratings... The mind boggles...


message 17: by Frank (new)

Frank | 695 comments Just took a look, yeah, not my cup of tea!!
Oh and that cover!!!!!! LOL.
As we all know five star ratings are different for each reader's experience and tastes.


message 18: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 6711 comments Frank wrote: "Just took a look, yeah, not my cup of tea!!
Oh and that cover!!!!!! LOL.
As we all know five star ratings are different for each reader's experience and tastes."


It was horrible! But the people I was reading it with loved it... So, as we all know, all tastes are different and whatever floats their boat:) I just feel like a lost a day which I could have been reading some Fantasy or Historical Fiction:):):)


message 19: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
I'll setup the threads tomorrow. I've done a bunch today and just can't bring myself to do more.


back to top