The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

The Hunger Games FANDOM > The Love Triangle--What did you think?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bea (new)

Bea So it was Gale or Peeta... Who did you want to win Katniss's heart?
I choose Gale because he was always there for Katniss (view spoiler) But yeah I really liked Gale and that totally had nothing to do with the fact I have a crush on Liam Hemsworth...What did you think of the love triangle?

message 2: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments I kind of hate love triangles, especially now, because there are so many nowadays, basically in every book. Overall I also did not really like the Hunger games, but I was also team Gale, for the same reason as you haha Liam is a lot cuter than the guy who plays peeta!

message 3: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
There was a time where I loved love triangles but I agree they've been done to death (and I am always end up on the side of the guy/girl who doesn't get picked for some reason...)
Anyway, I read the book before the movie so I wasn't biased with Liam (but i still love him) so I was on team Peeta but I really reaallly wish that Gale could have been Katniss's brother-type-friend bc I think that would've been really great--Why does anything have to be a romantic relationship? I'm a sucker for big massive friendships in books (yeah romance is great, but can we have a book where there isn't a woman with a boyfriend who has a friend-boy who falls in love with the woman who's boyfriend get jealous of the friend-boy and then the woman has to decide who to love? Aka love triangles) Some people have friend-boys that they do NOT end up loving in that way---Sorry this is turning into a love triangle rant, I'll stop xD

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea LydiaMae wrote: "There was a time where I loved love triangles but I agree they've been done to death (and I am always end up on the side of the guy/girl who doesn't get picked for some reason...)
Anyway, I read t..."

Preach.

message 5: by Emma Mellark (new)

Emma Mellark | 24 comments I'm team Peeta, because I have a habit of falling for sweet gentle guys in every book I've ever read. And he's super cute!

message 6: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Emma Mellark wrote: "I'm team Peeta, because I have a habit of falling for sweet gentle guys in every book I've ever read. And he's super cute!"

True <33

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 174 comments I'm team Katniss. Because The Hunger Games isn't about the love story. Sure, it was a big part of it, but it was all staged for the Games. I don't think Katniss would've ended up with Peeta if they hadn't been in the Games together. I like both Peeta and Gale though, and I'll always protect Gale when I see hate for him (because of Mockingjay)!

message 8: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Anni wrote: "I'm team Katniss. Because The Hunger Games isn't about the love story. Sure, it was a big part of it, but it was all staged for the Games. I don't think Katniss would've ended up with Peeta if they..."

YAS.

Lora (on hiatus) | 106 comments Anni wrote: "I'm team Katniss. Because The Hunger Games isn't about the love story. Sure, it was a big part of it, but it was all staged for the Games. I don't think Katniss would've ended up with Peeta if they..."

IKR!

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 174 comments Glad you guys agree!

message 11: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) Team Gale all the way!!!

Arron Warner or Adam Kent?

message 12: by Lora (on hiatus) (new)

Lora (on hiatus) | 106 comments WARNER ALL THE WAY!!

message 13: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn (kcchameleon) I will always be Team Peeta! Though, romance is NOT the plot in the story, contrary to how many people see it! Love triangle have gotten done to death! I don't absolutely hate love triangles, but they have to be believable and reasonable. If a love triangle is done differently than the hundreds before it, that would be refreshing! I have and always will love The Hunger Games! I also want to say that I also love Gale and he doesn't deserve the hate he gets!

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 174 comments I agree with Katelyn 100 %!

message 15: by Lora (on hiatus) (new)

Lora (on hiatus) | 106 comments Team Katniss for me!

message 16: by naydi (new)

naydi | 2 comments Peeta

message 17: by StarrySky (new)

StarrySky | 3 comments #TeamKatniss <3 (even though I like both Gale and Peeta, and think they're great characters :D I normally don't mind love triangles, but I'm still with Katniss here!)

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 174 comments @StarrySky I agree! :)