YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton - Restarting March 27th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Abby | 5454 comments How do you stop a murder that’s already happened?

At a gala party thrown by her parents, Evelyn Hardcastle will be killed--again. She's been murdered hundreds of times, and each day, Aiden Bishop is too late to save her. Doomed to repeat the same day over and over, Aiden's only escape is to solve Evelyn Hardcastle's murder and conquer the shadows of an enemy he struggles to even comprehend--but nothing and no one are quite what they seem.

Deeply atmospheric and ingeniously plotted, The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle is a highly original debut that will appeal to fans of Kate Atkinson and Agatha Christie.

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 10 (Day 3): (view spoiler)

Abby | 5454 comments Chapter 34: (view spoiler)

Lisa | 1990 comments Sorry, didn't get to it sooner, but i'm trying to keep up!

Page 92 (Beginning of Day 3): (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84055 comments Mod
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Date Changed. Restarting June 24th 2018. Happy Reading ☺

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 6: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
********************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 9th of January 2019

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen (ninetalevixen) 33% - (view spoiler)

Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen (ninetalevixen) 52% - (view spoiler)

Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen (ninetalevixen) 78% - (view spoiler)

Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen (ninetalevixen) Finished - (view spoiler)

message 11: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments Who was your favourite host? :) Did you guess who the murderer was? :D

message 12: by Isabelle (last edited Jan 09, 2019 11:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen (ninetalevixen) Lisa wrote: "Who was your favourite host? :) Did you guess who the murderer was? :D"

ooooh that's a tough one! I wanna say (view spoiler)! and I absolutely didn't predict (view spoiler), that was such a huge twist 🤯

message 13: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 1990 comments Yep, me too. The ending was totally not what i expected :)

izzy  | 1293 comments For the first time in a long time, I am reading a book that is thrilling and I have no fucking idea what is happening!!!!!!

izzy  | 1293 comments Chapter 16-25
(view spoiler)

izzy  | 1293 comments Chapter ,26-36
,(view spoiler)

izzy  | 1293 comments Chapter 1-15
(view spoiler)

message 18: by izzy (last edited Jan 15, 2019 01:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

izzy  | 1293 comments Chapter 37-60
I had to finish this book before I write this.
What a twist!!
(view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I am still going to read this, just backed up with BRs atm!

message 20: by ✨Skye✨ (last edited Jan 25, 2019 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Up to chapter 9(view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Up to chapter 24 (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Up to chapter 46 (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Done (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84055 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting February 3rd 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Up to Day Five (Ch 30) and there are so many unanswered questions and questionable motives. I love it.

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments 50% - So much duplicity

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Day 6 (Ch 40 - 62%) - So far, (view spoiler)

I can't wait to find out who the murderer is, and if our MC or one of his rivals solve the mystery.

Aneta | 830 comments Finished DAY 1

I'm slow reader so it will take a while for me to read it. But I'm enjoying it so far.

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Aneta wrote: "Finished DAY 1

I'm slow reader so it will take a while for me to read it. But I'm enjoying it so far."

That's okay, read at whatever pace is comfortable for you. It's one of those books that grip you from start...

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Ch 47 (72%) - Well...what a revelation that is. (view spoiler).

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments This. Book. Man!

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Jazzy wrote: "Starting this now! 🤗"

I hope you like it. I loved every minute of it!

Aneta | 830 comments @Jazzy I'm glad you join us :)

Finished chapter 17
This is a little confusing because there are a lot of characters and details to remember. (view spoiler)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Jazzy wrote: "Aneta wrote: "@Jazzy I'm glad you join us :)

Finished chapter 17
This is a little confusing because there are a lot of characters and details to remember. [spoilers removed]

Thanks, Aneta! I’m l..."

Yes they were! Definitely not characters that I ever want to see in the real world.

Aneta | 830 comments @Jazzy
(view spoiler)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments I'm loving looking at your theories now that I have the whole picture. Ha!

message 37: by Aneta (last edited Feb 08, 2019 01:44PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aneta | 830 comments Theories are great and they're changing all the time!
Btw. I think I know who is Footman but we'll see :D

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Aneta wrote: "Theories are great and they're changing all the time!
Btw. I think I know who is Footman but we'll see :D"

I'd love to hear who you think it is!

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Jazzy wrote: "Finished!:
(view spoiler)

I know exactly what you mean! The reveal really caught me offguard for sure. This is the type of story that I like, the ones that keep you one step behind right up to 'the end'.

Aneta | 830 comments I'm sorry I didn't make update in a while. I had hard time with focusing past few days. But I'm going to continue with reading right now and I will make an update tomorrow :)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 1362 comments Awesome.

Aneta | 830 comments Finished!
(view spoiler)

@Jazzy (view spoiler)

message 43: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Here I am! Late, but here! Going to be starting this one today. I might have a coffee beforehand, because I hear you need to be totally engaged for this book.

I am ready to be wowed.

message 44: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22775 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting March 27th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

message 45: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9984 comments I'm a bit early but this will take me a couple days to get through
End of day 1 (view spoiler)

message 46: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9984 comments End of day 4 (view spoiler)

message 47: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9984 comments End of day 5 (view spoiler)

message 48: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9984 comments Day 6 (view spoiler)

message 49: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9984 comments finished (view spoiler) This was crazy and so twisted that it was hard to follow, but I did like all the different reveals.

Pragya (pragyaagr13) | 1247 comments Aly wrote: "I'm a bit early but this will take me a couple days to get through
End of day 1 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

« previous 1