The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Happy 5th Birthday NABCC!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
It's hard to believe it's been 5 years.

It seems like participation in group reads has continued to dwindle, but I appreciate those of you who have made this group great the last 5 years.

Thanks everyone!

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 1582 comments Wow it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating birthday #4. Thanks for the great group and all of the fantastic book discoveries!

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill | 1596 comments Well that was quick. Thanks for creating such a great group Rob.

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1177 comments Happy Birthday NABCC!

This is by FAR my favourite group. If I had more time on my hands I'd read more and faster and participate more. But there's always the Random Musings thread for me to post unrelated shizzle.

COOKIES FOR EVERYONE !!!!

message 5: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) Happy Birthday! :-) I don't participate in reads as much as I once did but I still enjoy this group and the people in it. Mazel Tov!

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) Happy Birthday. Personally, this group reads most books that i enjoy. It is a great resource for finding out what new reads are out there. Without the group, i doubt i would have found some authors that i now pre-order (Django Wexler, Brian McClellan, Michael Sullivan).

The last few months have been busy as i have moved house (awaiting Internet to be installed in a week). Once i am fully settled, will be back to reading group reads.

message 7: by Sumant (new)

Sumant | 522 comments Happy birthday NABC, would definitely love to increase my participation in group reads in coming months.

message 8: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Good luck with the move. Waiting for internet is the worst! At least there are smart phones to wait on.

When I bought my house I had Comcast set to come the day I moved in, only to find out the lines to my house had been cut and they couldn't be restored for at least a month due to surveys, etc (since it was underground)

Luckily for me Verizon was also an option and could come within a few days of my calling them. So I got them and haven't left. There internet seems to be faster/more reliable than what I had with Comcast anyways. Of course it's been nearly 10 years since I used Comcast, so it's hard to say.

I never hear anyone say anything good about them though.

Do you have different options for high speed Internet in the UK? Most places in the US don't seem to have much choice.

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1177 comments In Germany I was lucky to have a few options at my place, including one called CableGermany. They were ACE! Unfortunately they sold out to Vodafone, and my connection has been shit ever since. And you can only get out of the contract once every 24 months (unless you move).

message 10: by Richard (new)

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) In the UK we have a couple of main options (Phone lines, or Cable). I can not get Cable, so it had to be via the phone. Luckily, i am able to have high speed fibre. The UK has an open market - phone lines are supplied/rented by British Telecom, and telecom companies can use them. Kinda works. Moved into the house about 6 weeks ago, but there were a few issues with getting the internet connected. Never mind, allowed me to do a little reading in the evenings - i need to finish the last Shadows Campaign book.

Back to main topic - this club is more than just the threads for the books. I am a member of a number of groups, and this is the one i check out first (then Sword and Laser). May it last another 5 years.

message 11: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 629 comments I've been one of the worst when it comes to reading with the group, but I do enjoy the banter here.....and the cookies!

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1177 comments *hands Ctgt an extra large cookie*

message 13: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 629 comments Thanks Kat :)