Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking: Beta Reader for High Fantasy Novel Based on Maritime Southeast Asian Legends

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Combista (jdcombista) | 5 comments Hi, everyone. Obviously, I'm looking for a beta reader for my 90,000-word epic fantasy novel that's set in a world inspired by 13th to 16th century Maritime Southeast Asia.

Here's a rough, unofficial blurb:

A land divided by seas. A valley where princedoms nestle. A chance encounter.

Kabael, a vagabond who has wandered the Empire of Sriurvana, looking for contracts to make a living, encounters a young maiden named Paglinawan from a nearby kadatuan, a princely state, hoping to make it to the northernmost reaches of the island of Abuyo, where the states of Hamabar and Selurong sit within the lushness of the Galang Valley.

As Kabael agrees to guide Paglinawan to the Northern kadatuan of Mandalungan, he ventures into perils and political turmoil he has never encountered before—oblivious to what would come to him next.

Set in the archipelago of Maradika, where the empires of Sriurvana and Kamenangan rule, The Illuminated Maiden is a tale of a land ethereal, where ancient magic, unearthly beings, and thalassocratic regimes abound. It is a story of a time long-forgotten, mired by centuries-long conflict and the troubles of mortal men.

If you're interested, reply to this thread, shoot me a message, or email me at jaredcombista[at]gmail[dot]com. I'm also open to critiquing with a partner.

Jared

message 2: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Wilson Sound like a book I'd be hooked into. Happy to be a beta if you still need one

message 3: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Combista (jdcombista) | 5 comments Brenna wrote: "Sound like a book I'd be hooked into. Happy to be a beta if you still need one"

Just sent you a message. :)