What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Paperback fiction from 1980’s: marriage is being threatened by jealous ex wife. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Missik (new)

Missik | 5 comments Lincoln’s ex-wife attempts to ruin his new marriage. Written from 2nd wife’s point of view. Lincoln “Linc” and his ex-wife have a son named Abel who is mentally disabled. Ex-wife always attempting to monopolize Linc’s time, attention, money, using their son Abel as an excuse. Demands more money and moves her son to a more expensive school so 2nd wife has to work a summer job to pay for it, 2nd wife is a teacher & has always loved her summers off. Has to work the summer job in a secretarial pool (I think) that has strict dress code, no wearing pants and dresses have to be no shorter than one quarter inch below knee. (I remember this quote: “How would it look for someone to walk in and see us lying around in pants?”) End of book (spoiler) ex-wife attempts to shoot & kill 2nd wife but accidentally she & her ex-husband die, 2nd wife ends up a window, raising her disabled stepson. That was the twist.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Missik --
You can bump your thread every month or so. This puts your book back at the top of the folder instead of on page 24. More people and newer eyes will see it and perhaps know your book. Good luck!

message 3: by Missik (new)

Missik | 5 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 5: by Missik (new)

Missik | 5 comments No sorry I don’t remember the cover. It was not part of a series. It was modern-day, so probably set in the early 80s. Possibly late 70s.

message 6: by Missik (new)

Missik | 5 comments The end of the book had Abel and his stepmom at a support group, maybe? Some type of gathering of parents and children. Stepmom explained, “Abel’s mother and father were killed in an accident so it’s the two of us” or something along those lines.