Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

Enslaved (The Life of Anna, #1)
This topic is about Enslaved
2018 ~ Buddy Reads > Enslaved: Life of Anna by Marissa Honeycutt BR--

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Anyone else want to join Lisa and me??

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I'm gonna start this tonight after work...woot woot!!!

message 3: by JudyCa (last edited Mar 26, 2018 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JudyCa | 1707 comments I'm in! It's on KU...when are you starting?
I noticed there is different parts, should I just download the complete story?

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I'm only in for Book 1 for right now - but could be tempted for the rest I'm sure. I'm starting tonight, Judy!!

Fabi | 872 comments *dying* over you reading this

JudyCa | 1707 comments I was just looking at them on amazon. each part is a 400+ page book. I downloaded the complete story, it's 1800+ pages...will start with book 1 and see how it goes :) I had just started another book but its nothing that can't be put on hold...

message 7: by Nay (last edited Mar 26, 2018 01:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ok, I'll get some editing done and just start when you do, Lisa.

Yay, Judy! Glad you're joining in! Can you start tonight?

I'm also only reading book 1 for now. If it's awesome, I'll continue, but I've got SO much stuff I want to read TODAY that I'm not hanging with anything that doesn't really impress.

message 8: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Judy--the one we're reading (the first part) is only 186 pages, I'm pretty sure.

JudyCa | 1707 comments Yes, I am starting now ... hopefully I still have fingernails left when we're done...

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments 13% and have no idea where this is going, but I am a nervous wreck. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Fabi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fabi | 872 comments Lisa wrote: "13% and have no idea where this is going, but I am a nervous wreck. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I know I'm crashing your BR party. LOL

message 12: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm gonna read ALL the spoilers since I will NEVER read it. *throws glitter* I feel like I'm doing something wrong reading them. lol

message 13: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Gotta catch up. I’m at 5%.

JudyCa | 1707 comments I downloaded the complete book so I have no idea where I am...but here (view spoiler)

JudyCa | 1707 comments Crash-a-way Fabi!

Tessa, read them all...I don't know what I'm getting into but I'll give you details as often as possible...

message 16: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments i was wondering the same thing, Lisa.

message 17: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1761 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "Crash-a-way Fabi!

Tessa, read them all...I don't know what I'm getting into but I'll give you details as often as possible..."

Nope. MAJOR trigger. So, I shall just watch. This way, I get to know what happened without any issues. :)

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments 41% and Devin being kind is totally puttinv me on edge!!

message 19: by Fabi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fabi | 872 comments Dang. You guys read fast.

message 20: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm at 47%. It's pretty much what I would have expected so far for the genre.

JudyCa | 1707 comments i'm going to catch up in the morning...it was busy at work and i didn't get much read! lol...i got to the part (view spoiler)

message 22: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments So very many questions
(view spoiler)

message 23: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Yeah, the (view spoiler)is a but much. lol Now that you mention all of that, there is a lot of strangeness going on. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with weirdo Devin and Jack.

message 24: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments 55% - I think that (view spoiler) is going to turn out to be a baaaaaaaaaaaad thing. (view spoiler)

message 25: by Fabi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fabi | 872 comments I'm lurking so hard. LOL. I can't believe Jean isn't here whooping it up too.

message 26: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok, I am not reading this but being nosey and checking out spoilers. WTF is up with (view spoiler)

That made me cringe then giggle. Hee hee

message 27: by Nay (last edited Mar 27, 2018 06:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Leslie--the guy has all these (view spoiler) And, yes, it IS all kinds of cringey!!

Lisa--I agree. If not that, there will be something else that (view spoiler) I'm just waiting...

Kooloo | 596 comments I started reading last night. But it felt like I was coming into the story without reading the 1st book.

I made it to we’re Devin stars to be nice and quit lol

message 29: by Nay (last edited Mar 27, 2018 06:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments And it may be nothing important, but I don't get what the deal is with (view spoiler)

message 30: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Renee wrote: "And it may be nothing important, but I don't get what the deal is with [spoilers removed]"

LMAOoooooooo Nay - that would be the type of guy I'd get if I were ever "enslaved"!!!

I am starting to get (view spoiler)

message 31: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Kooloo wrote: "I started reading last night. But it felt like I was coming into the story without reading the 1st book.

I made it to we’re Devin stars to be nice and quit lol"

Kooloo - the first go at reading this, I only made it to like page 2 because I just thought it was going to be too much work to try to follow the story. BRing it has helped me dive in - but I'm still not sure about it.

message 32: by Nay (last edited Mar 27, 2018 07:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments 71% weird Devin quote, an epiphany, and my guess--(view spoiler)

message 33: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Lisa--yeah, I'm wondering where all that other (view spoiler) stuff fits into the story???

JudyCa | 1707 comments ok, i just finished! wow...I've read all your spoilers...ALL good points and exactly what I was thinking...
here is my take...(view spoiler)

message 35: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Of course, this is no masterpiece, but for what it is, thus far, I've thought the book was decently written and edited, except for a couple of things like 'he yanked me out of my quiet revelry (seems like someone would have suggested the author correct that by now).

However, at 78ish%, I'm starting to notice that the editing has gotten a bit lazy--stilted dialogue, repetition (which drives me crazy) and stupid bits of conversation.

I can understand this stuff happening if an author is under the pump to get a book out, or even if they're just starting out, but this was released in 2014 and she's released many since. I think it would behoove her to go back and take another look at it. For me, silly errors such as this bring the flow (and thus my enjoyment) of a story to a screeching halt.

message 36: by Fabi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fabi | 872 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "ok, i just finished! wow...I've read all your spoilers...ALL good points and exactly what I was thinking...
here is my take...[spoilers removed]"

So does that mean you're going to continue with the series?

message 37: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "ok, i just finished! wow...I've read all your spoilers...ALL good points and exactly what I was thinking...
here is my take...[spoilers removed]"

Wait a minute - you're done? Like all done? How did that happen - you slid right past me, LOL!!!

message 38: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I was thinking the same thing--Judy must have kicked it into high gear! lol

JudyCa | 1707 comments yes, I stayed up way too late last night and since the kids are at school and I'm on afternoons, I had some time this morning :)
I just started book 2, Entwined and it starts out (chapter 1) playing the last scene(from part 1) in Alex's POV. THIS my friends, answers a lot of questions already! I am certainly going to read part 2, however, I may have to break in between the rest - there is only so much cruelty I can take at one time :/ ...this part 2 is double the length of part 1, 465 pgs...

message 40: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "yes, I stayed up way too late last night and since the kids are at school and I'm on afternoons, I had some time this morning :)
I just started book 2, Entwined and it starts out (chapter 1) playin..."

So I was convinced I wasn't going to continue on to Book 2 - but it sounds now like I MUST!!

message 41: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Finished--I agree with what you said Judy.

I have to edit for a while and then I'll start #2.

JudyCa | 1707 comments ps this is mostly about Part 2, chapter 1 (view spoiler)

message 43: by Fabi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fabi | 872 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "yes, I stayed up way too late last night and since the kids are at school and I'm on afternoons, I had some time this morning :)
I just started book 2, Entwined and it starts out (chapter 1) playin..."

Yup, I had to take a break between some of the books too. Exactly like you said, way too much cruelty.

I'm loving all your spoilers. I can't believe how well I remember the story considering I barely remember what I read last week.

JudyCa | 1707 comments Fabi wrote: "Judy.Ca wrote: "yes, I stayed up way too late last night and since the kids are at school and I'm on afternoons, I had some time this morning :)
I just started book 2, Entwined and it starts out (c..."

I get the same way..sometimes I think to myself 'do I read too much too fast?' (because I don't remember) and then I'm like 'I don't think so, bitch!' lol...

is anyone else going to read part 2?

I'm going to get ready for work, I'll check in later :)

message 45: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I’m gonna try when I’m taking breaks, Judy.

message 46: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I haven't decided yet - but it seems like I probably should!

message 47: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I’m going to start book 2, but if it doesn’t keep my interest, I’ll come back to it. There are so many other books I want to read right now and I want to do so while I’m still on a roll.

message 48: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments 86% and WTF is this? (view spoiler) This is just so weird!! I don't get what this is all about!

message 49: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Lisa--the first chapter of the next book gives quite a few 'aha' moments. That's as far as I've gotten until later though.

message 50: by Lisa (last edited Mar 27, 2018 11:08AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Done - and it's a 3 star rating from me. I guess I just don't get it, and I don't like the PNR vibe from it. It seemed that the story was written to explore every possible sex act, and it didn't seem to add to the story for me - it was just (gasp) gratuitous. Damn, I feel like some old geyser who just yelled at the kids to get off the front lawn!! I don't think I'll be continuing on - although I may check in here to read some spoilers if you guys are still reading/posting. I am somewhat interested in the Alex spin...and just who the hell Sebastian is.

« previous 1 3

Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Held & Pushed (other topics)