Haunted House Book Club discussion

Short Horror Stories > Story Recommendations and Requests

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tobias (new)

Tobias Wade (sirtobiaswade) | 10 comments Mod
With all these contributing authors putting out new work all the time, we should have a horror story about everything.

Looking for a certain type or topic of story?
Ask and we'll recommend one or write a brand new story for you.

Have a favorite story that you think other people would like?
Share it with the group here!

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie (ventedsquid) | 2 comments I love horror stories about spiders or creepy insects but I can never find any stories with that topic! Any recommendations?

message 3: by Tobias (new)

Marie wrote: "I love horror stories about spiders or creepy insects but I can never find any stories with that topic! Any recommendations?"

Ah me too! I can't believe how few of those there are. I wrote this one a while back, but you've definitely encouraged me to do more.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comm...

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie (ventedsquid) | 2 comments That was fantastic! A GREAT story! More please! Lol

message 5: by Faizah (new)

Faizah Mahfuz | 2 comments I've always had this nightmare about the death of the sun or anything apocalyptic. It's quite freaky and it can be applied to a lot of things

message 6: by Tobias (new)

Faizah wrote: "I've always had this nightmare about the death of the sun or anything apocalyptic. It's quite freaky and it can be applied to a lot of things"

Apocalyptic stories are some of my favorite, but they're really hard to fit within nosleep's believability rules. Any ideas for how we can coincide the two?

message 7: by Faizah (new)

Faizah Mahfuz | 2 comments Tobias wrote: "Faizah wrote: "I've always had this nightmare about the death of the sun or anything apocalyptic. It's quite freaky and it can be applied to a lot of things"

Apocalyptic stories are some of my fav..."
It can be like the government has been planning a simulation of an apocalypse to see how the people will react and reduce the population, but OP and the public have no idea about it. Obviously due to Nosleep Guidelines OP will survive, but there can be other character deaths. This could be a great Nosleep series but since I'm not good at writing, I thought someone with experience could be able to pull this off.

message 8: by Robert (last edited May 19, 2018 12:45PM) (new)

Robert | 1 comments The Box Under the Bed by Eileen Albrizio I like "The Box Under the Bed" by Eileen Albrizio. It's a collection that includes poetry, flash fiction and a great short story called "Three Shots of Tequila." You can preview it on Amazon. (There's another book of the same title that was published a few years after Albrizio's, That's not the same and I wasn't crazy about it.)

The Box Under the Bed