Who's Your Author? discussion

Member Buddy Reads > Black Dagger Brotherhood

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (new)

Kay | 33 comments I am listening to Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward and I am about half way through but I will most likely read the entire series. If anyone is interested in revisiting or reading anew the series with me please give a holler.

message 2: by MG (new)

MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger* (martrob) | 7 comments Kay wrote: "I am listening to Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward and I am about half way through but I will most likely read the entire series. If anyone is interested in revisiting or reading anew the series with m..."

I just started reading these! So far, I have finished books 1-3 and have ordered #4. I tend to go back and forth in book series (I am reading about 5 different series right now) to "freshen up" the story (sometimes I feel like I don't want to read about the next characters because I am too stuck on the characters I just read about, so it helps me to break it up a little, if that makes any sense). One of the other series am also reading right now is the Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian (it is pretty similar to this series in terms of the main storylines), so if you haven't checked these out yet, you might be interested in them. https://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Midnight-...

message 3: by Kay (new)

Kay | 33 comments I have read all of the Midnight Breed series except for the 1001 Dark Nights books. I agree that the Black Dagger Brotherhood is very similar. I like the differences in the vampires between the two series. Where are you in the Midnight Breed series?

message 4: by MG (new)

MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger* (martrob) | 7 comments I am on book #3 (the one that is hooking up Elise and Tegan). I had to take a break from it bc the brother of Elise's deceased mate was so obsessed with her in the previous book that it felt a little weird to read this one right away.

message 5: by Kay (new)

Kay | 33 comments I know what you mean. I felt sorry for Chase too but it did not seem right for them to be together. Book 3 is one of my favorites in the series. I will say nothing else about it until you have finished.

message 6: by MG (new)

MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger* (martrob) | 7 comments Oh good - now I am looking forward to getting back into it :)

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 59 comments I love the Midnight Breed series. I ended up stopping bc I had to wait until I could get next book and need to get back into it.

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 59 comments I haven't tried the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. It's similar to Midnight Breed?

message 9: by MG (new)

MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger* (martrob) | 7 comments Jenn wrote: "I haven't tried the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. It's similar to Midnight Breed?"

Hi Jenn! Yes, the story lines are very similar. I would highly recommend them if you like Midnight Breed series. The first book is $2.99 for the Kindle version (they are normally $7.99), so not too big of a commitment to give these a try. I am on the 4th one and have not been disappointed!
https://smile.amazon.com/Dark-Lover-B...

message 10: by Kay (new)

Kay | 33 comments Hi Jenn, I usually get my books at the library. I collect library cards, it's a hobby of mine, made all the sweeter with digital books. I use an app like Libby or Overdrive to search and check out books. I never have to go to the library unless I want to or worry about late fees. So I get most of the books I want for free.

message 11: by Jenn (last edited Mar 28, 2018 06:00PM) (new)

Jenn | 59 comments Thank you ladies for the great info. I've heard so much about the Black Dagger Brotherhood series but wasn't sure about it. I will be visiting my library again soon and pick up the first few books.

message 12: by Kay (new)

Kay | 33 comments Just finished Lover Eternal, it was interesting. I want to find out what will happen with Bella so I will be reading book 3, Lover Awakened. Have you finished Midnight Awakening MG? Were you able to make to your local library Jenn?

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (rachelchanticleer) | 8 comments It took me forever to read J.R. Ward, then when I finally picked up BDB I read the first three back to back, lol.

I just had to find out what happened to Zsadist. ☺

message 14: by Kay (new)

Kay | 33 comments I totally agree. I tried reading the series out of order but couldn’t understand what was going on. I want to know what happens between Zsadist and Bella as well as Butch and Marissa. So I will be reading through to book 4 at the very least.

message 15: by MG (new)

MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger* (martrob) | 7 comments Kay wrote: "Just finished Lover Eternal, it was interesting. I want to find out what will happen with Bella so I will be reading book 3, Lover Awakened. Have you finished Midnight Awakening MG? Were you able t..."

I haven't read it yet - a few books I had placed a hold on from the e-books selection in my library system became available, so I have been reading them since they are only loaned to me for a short period of time (& since others are waiting on them - love the Libby app!)... I bought the Midnight Awakening book, so I can read it once I return the library book I'm about 2/3's through. Can't wait!!

message 16: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 28 comments Just finishing lover eternal, doing a huge re-read to try and get outta the slump I've been in

message 17: by Kay (new)

Kay | 33 comments Cassie Cruel wrote: "Just finishing lover eternal, doing a huge re-read to try and get outta the slump I've been in"

Hi Cassie,
What kind of slump are we talking about? I have listened through to book #4 Lover Revealed because I wanted to know what happened between Butch and Marissa. I do plan to continue the series but have taken a break to catch up on some other series.

message 18: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 28 comments Just a general reading slump, not this series