Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Black Book of Cyrenaica
This topic is about The Black Book of Cyrenaica
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Adding New Books > Combine Print and Kindle Editions?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bruce (banlohannon) | 23 comments Hi. I published this book in paperback a couple of years ago and just last week managed to get the Kindle edition done and "published." I duly entered the book on Goodreads, but I think I may have done it wrong. I would like for the print and electronic versions to show up under the same icon, if possible, so that the e-book shows the same reviews and ratings as the paperback. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance for any guidance! Bruce

message 2: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 730 comments Hi, Bruce.

Looks like there are two entries for the paperback edition, so I've Merged them into one. Once that's cached, I'll Combine the Kindle edition and the paperback together - they'll then appear under one entry.

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi,
I combined Kindle edition with paperbacks, but there are two paperback editions (one with ISBN: 0692415726 the second without ISBN number).
Is that correct or should there be only one paperback edition?

For future adds you should use 'Add a New Edition' on the existing edition site to create combined edition of the book.

message 4: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 730 comments Hi, Olivia.

I already Merged the two paperbacks and was waiting for the unShelved ISBNless edition to delete before I tried Combining the paperback and Kindle editions - not sure if that's strictly necessary, but it seemed prudent.

Bruce (banlohannon) | 23 comments Thanks a million, Hugo and Olivia. I'm not sure why there was an ISBN-less version of the paperback showing up, but that's probably my mistake that has just been lurking around in the background for some time now. I appreciate the help on this and will use "Add a New Edition" for this sort of thing in the future. Best regards, Bruce

message 6: by V. (new)

Povall V. | 1 comments Our Book "Jackal in the Mirror is available in both print and digital forms in Amazon and Barns and Noble, yet we are unable to list both versions on Goodreads. How can can we list both of them?
Thanks V. Povall and D. Povall.

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments #6 I see that someone already added a missing edition for you
https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Also, it gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books. Please next time start a new one for other books.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.