CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 13- Reading Habits

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 708 comments Mod
Ready Player One is April's Online Book Club book selection. Be sure to pick up your copy today and get prepared for the new movie coming out on March 29th!

Welcome to my convoluted thoughts- 13 is a superstitious number indicating unluckiness. In thinking of 13, I started wondering about superstitious reading habits. Do you have superstitious reading habits? I can't think of any for me so that led me to think of generic reading habits.

What sorts of reading habits do you have? Do you have a special place you like to read? Do you have a drink you need by your side? A type of music?

I like to have a nice length of time to read; at least an hour. I also want music playing in the background. Curling up in a blanket on a couch is also preferable. But while these are my habits, I will read anywhere and at anytime if allowed.

Tell us your reading habits! Also let us know what you are reading this week!

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments I love curling up on the couch with the fire going when I read. Only when it’s cold of course. Ha ha.
I take a book with me everywhere. In the vehicle when I wait to pick up the kids, any doctors appointment, at a restaurant in case a friend is late.
I don’t mind going to lunch by myself and just bringing a book along.
I don’t know that I have any superstitions, but I definitely finish a book if I start it. I think that’s more of an OCD then a superstition. There is only been one or two times that I did not finish a book and it was really a challenge to quit on it.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 450 comments I love curling up on the couch to read (which is why I'm currently looking for a new one- my love seat tries to swallow me whole). I don't have reading habits, I have an addiction. The only place I don't read, is work, and I usually have 2 or 3 books going on at the same time (1 nonfiction, 1 cozy mystery, and whatever else sparks my interest).
I'm currently reading A Mind for Numbers (slow going but worth it- I'm up to page 114 of 294- just looked at the Table of Contents and the book itself ends at page 224, the rest are notes, references, credits, and the index), The Lies that Bind, and Persopolis.
A Mind for Numbers How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra) by Barbara Oakley The Lies That Bind (A Bibliophile Mystery, #3) by Kate Carlisle Persepolis The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis, #1) by Marjane Satrapi

message 4: by Justine (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:59PM) (new)

Justine (jaimelinus0316) Not superstitious, but I hate giving up on a book. It took 4 tries before I finished Great Expectations. If a book is...not what I want to expose myself to, I'll lay it down. Depending on the plot, I'll read the end, ha ha.

I don't have any reading habits, but I think I should! I'll read during lunch sometimes, and when my boyfriend is watching basketball or Andy Griffith. :-P I haven't been able to read more than one book at a time.

Truly Sweet (Sweet, Texas, #5) by Candis Terry