What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci Fi Three stories set in New York three protagonists all continuing in each story past, present and future all end on a cliff hanger have poetry running through all three

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mekenzie (new)

Mekenzie | 2 comments It's a short book but very meaty, three different stories with the same three "personalities" in each story each having a different one play the protagonist. Story 1 When the irish first settled in America, the little boy who is a cripple is the lead. He can't stop reciting poetry for some reason, there's a factory accident of some kind. Story 2 the woman is a detective I think and finds the young boy working for a terrorist organisation and tries to "un"brainwash him. Story 3 the man is the main character as some kind of robot that was made by a specific man who he then tries to find so he can go on a spaceship with him, the woman is some kind of lizard alien.

HELP! haha thank you kindly for any assistance

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
When did you read it?
Or when was it published?
Children's, YA, or adult?
Remember the cover?
Author female or male?

message 3: by Mekenzie (new)

Mekenzie | 2 comments I think it was a male author. Not children’s or YA. Small book almost three short stories but very intense, too much for YA
Think it had to be published 90’s-00’s by the “present tense” middle stories description of New York. I read it in Barcelona 2015

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Mekenzie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?