What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Military History (World War II)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John Arkady (new)

John Arkady | 3 comments Hi All,

This one is a toughie! My father once worked for Congressman Bob Sikes, who was a very prominent politician back in the sixties. Congressman Sikes gave my father a copy of a book on WWII. Our copy is now sadly lost, and my father has expressed interest in finding another one.
It was a very large, heavy tome, perhaps a thousand pages long. I can remember the dust jacket very well, it was a painting of a military issue Colt .45 pistol in a holster with the belt wrapped around it. The cover was done in a light olive green like the Army used back then. On the back cover I believe was the same pistol, but this time unholstered laying next to the holster, if I remember correctly. There may have been a sword or a bayonet nearby. The book itself was bound in a dark blue or black cover, again, hopefully I remember it correctly.
If anyone has ANY information on what this book might be, both my father and I would be very grateful. Thanks!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
John Arkady --
You can bump your thread every month or so. This puts your book back at the top of the folder instead of on page 27. More people and newer eyes will see it and perhaps know your book. Good luck!

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36060 comments Mod
The American Heritage Picture History of World War II (1966) by Cyrus Leo Sulzberger II?

Here's a cover image of "Colt's Commemorative Edition of The American Heritage Picture History of World War II" - https://www.amazon.com/Commemorative-...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
John Arkady, are you still looking for this or did you find it?