Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Whose Body by Dorothy Sayers (3 stars)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments This was the first book in the Lord Peter Wimsey Series. Lord Peter WImsey gets involved in a mysterious case of an unidentified body that turns up in someone's bath tub. While I enjoyed the main character (who I have also liked in other books), it was not my favorite of his books. Some pieces were pretty bad in terms of anti-semitic descriptions (one of characters was a Jewish man).

The mystery itself was okay. I read the book for another challenge and it also fits the classic tag for the March Decathlon.

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2214 comments I remember fighting with this book a bit too. They definitely get better, don't they? The ones with Harriet Vane and Lord Peter are the best (but you absolutely have to read them in order!)

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments KateNZ wrote: "I remember fighting with this book a bit too. They definitely get better, don't they? The ones with Harriet Vane and Lord Peter are the best (but you absolutely have to read them in order!)"

yes, I did like Nine Tailors and Murder Must Advertise much more. Good to know that you do need to read them in order