Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

The Spark > Rating

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments How did you like the book? Any other final thoughts?

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
I gave this book 5 stars. The mother is an absolutely wonderful woman, and her creativity and love for her children is phenomenal to me. Highly recommend this book.

message 3: by Cindy (last edited Mar 27, 2018 11:24AM) (new)

Cindy | 522 comments I enjoyed this book very much too. I gave it four stars. As I said in my review, I did have one problem with it: I found it hard to believe Kristine was as awesome as she portrays herself to be. None of the teachers knew what was best for Jake but she as his mother did. OK - I get that. But all the kids in "Little Lights" - their mothers didn't know what they needed, but Kristine - as their daycare provider, knew exactly what to do for them? And 100% of them had their lives turned around because of her? She didn't have any failures?
OK - got that off my chest! :) Really, though, if she did half of what she says, she deserves a parade. Amazing, inspirational story.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments 4 stars. Very good book, really enjoyed!

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments I gave it 5 stars. Even though the author certainly seemed to be patting herself on the back a bit, she had some points that I wish all teachers of special students need to understand. Focus on what they CAN do! That doesn't mean leave everything else out, but keep that focus in the right place.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (angeladecker814) | 104 comments I agree with Cindy and Barb.

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments 4 stars and I agree with you Cindy. Too much about how amazing I am and everything I do for my day care.