Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

The Spark > 5. Turning Point

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Taking Jake out of the Life Skills program was the 1st turning point for him in the right direction. Discuss its impact on the rest of his life.

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments It's horrifying to think what would have happened if Kristine hadn't listened to her instincts and taken him out. We had a similar experience (with doctors instead of teachers) when our youngest was almost 3. After an accident, they insisted he was ok and we just KNEW otherwise. Finally my husband got our pediatrician to authorize a CT scan. - We were right and they were SO wrong. One brain surgery later - our son was fine. Thank goodness for parents' intuition!

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
Good example of paying attention to the spirit and the promptings that parents and spouses receive in behalf of their loved ones. By taking Jake out of Life Skills it gave him an opening up of what his potential can be.

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments If only every child had a parent as "in tune" with his needs as Jake did!

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela (angeladecker814) | 104 comments What Carol said. And like Cindy pointed out, not every doctor is the right fit for your child. Yes, they are experts, but some are better than others, and as I like to say, M.D. stands for Medical Doctor, not Medical Deity. (I know not all of them were M.D.s, but you get my point.)

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments I honestly think had she not taken him out he would have gone nonverbal and he would have stayed inside himself forever never having done any of the amazing things he did.