Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

The Spark > 4. Daycare and Little Light

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments 4. What was the most interesting/memorable thing she did with either her day care or Little Light for you?

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
One activity that was memorable to me was her use of outdoor activities. Normal people and adults were blessed by being able to be outdoors and how it depressurized them. The Little light group was blessed by more variety in their activities and found how it helped their whole family. This really touched me.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments I thought her bringing the car load of building blocks to her school was pretty memorable. Just generally - I can't imagine how she was able to individualize things so much. You ladies who have taught - would this really even be possible?

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments I agree Cindy...I found her daily schedule unbelievable.

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments I was so overwhelmed with how she did it all with her own two special-needs children that I didn't really single any one thing out. I still can't figure out how she had time to mix colors, make cookies, decorate... with just one child while taking care of all the rest of her charges! I can't even do that well on my own!

message 6: by Carol (new)

Barb, I too thought her abilities of including her own kids is an important part of the story. I was ashamed by not noting that myself. So thanks. That makes it all so amazing that she could include her own younger kids as well as Jake. WOW.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela (angeladecker814) | 104 comments Her work ethic was astounding, as was her time management. Seriously, how the heck did she do all that without a time-turner (Harry Potty reference), especially with lupus? I suspect the stress caused her to have all those health problems earlier than she might have otherwise.

message 8: by Carol (new)

I just finished that Harry Potter last evening about the time turner. I'm reading them all again. Been about 11 years since doing so.

message 9: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Bringing in a real llama and making that big mural was what shocked me.

And all that baking with that autistic girl! That's a TON of dedication for just one person.