YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Series) > Divergent

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
Great series and super upsetting ending ): ):

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Definitely upsetting ending, but it did take guts take the story where Roth took it.

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

It did. I'm glad in a way that that's how it ended because it shows Tris's dedication to the people she loves. Also HOW UNEXPECTED LIKE SERIOUSLY!

These Violent Delights (Robin) I love this trilogy, Insurgent was my favorite (view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) I cried so hard during Allegiant though.. I was pissed, why can't they like live happily ever after!?

message 6: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Hahaha that was so funny! That's my favorite book also of the series.

I know right): ughhh

message 7: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments I absolutely loved the first book, the second was a great supplement, and the third was...wow. Unexpected, definitely, and very sad. A great trilogy overall.

message 8: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Awesome first two books, although the last one sucked (again!)

message 9: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments Not only did Veronica Roth kill Tris (which my friends spoiled for me), but she also killed Uriah, whom I loved :(
A fire that burns so bright isn't meant to last

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

One of my favorite dystopias other than legenf

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) This series was good but it totally went downhill.

I didn't HATE the last book, but it was my least favorite by far. Most people hate it for the ending, but I don't. I actually didn't mind the end. The first 75% was what killed the book in my opinion. The explanation for everything was so unoriginal and overused in books. I was so disappointed in Roth. Basically nothing happened until the last fourth of the book. Four was being a whiny teenager the whole time. The ending was symbolic and good though.

message 12: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Miss Perfection (Rachel) wrote: "This series was good but it totally went downhill.

I didn't HATE the last book, but it was my least favorite by far. Most people hate it for the ending, but I don't. I actually didn't mind the en..."

I agree with pretty much everything (except I didn't like the ending at all as well...)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the ending was good it was sad but a good closing realistic ending

message 14: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I agree with you Rachel. At first I was supermad about the ending, but then I read it again and appreciated the symbolism and meaning more. But yeah, the beginning of the book wasn't good. It wasn't the ending, it was the writing.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome! I loved the entire series, but personally I was disappointed with Allegiant. i disliked the ending a lot and I wish that it could have been different.

message 16: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Haley wrote: "Awesome! I loved the entire series, but personally I was disappointed with Allegiant. i disliked the ending a lot and I wish that it could have been different."

I felt the ending was perfect. Sad that Tobias was left alone but happy endings happen to much so I liked the change of having a dramatic ending. And I loved being able to see Tobias's point of view!

message 17: by Juliet (new)

Juliet | 245 comments The last book was so boring! It had potential, and I loved the first like fifty pages (view spoiler) But it was so just...UGGH. If I wanted to learn about genetics, I would have picked up a science textbook! Whiny Tobias >-< Not cute! Veronica uses death after death after death to suffice the boringness! I want to reread it, but I haven't touched the book since October! The endings to dystopias man, they aren't...good!

message 18: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (last edited Aug 06, 2014 09:18AM) (new)

Juliet wrote: "The last book was so boring! It had potential, and I loved the first like fifty pages [spoilers removed] But it was so just...UGGH. If I wanted to learn about genetics, I would have picked up a sci..."

I liked the last book! (view spoiler)
Learning about the genetics and everything was interesting to me. It wasn't like textbook annoying it was in a cool way to me. I love Tobias when he is "whiny" or overprotective. It just shows that he's human and loves Tris.

message 19: by Juliet (new)

Juliet | 245 comments My question is..who is the real enemy? Is it Nita, David, or Jeanine? :o Jeanine and the Erudite started the whole thing, she kinda sparked the whole problem in the first place. But David and the Bureau were watching them, never helping. >-< I really need to reread a lot of stuff. I've forgotton most of what happened in Allegiant. I can't remember if it was Nita who wanted the memory serum.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I Thought The Ending Was Symbolic,Powerful,Heartbreaking and Beautiful xD

I LOVE This Trilogy.

I Am Currently Reading Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth

message 21: by Juliet (new)

Juliet | 245 comments I read that the day it came out xD It wasn't enough though! Almost all the stuff I already knew :P I did like the Dauntless stuff that Four did. The Dare game! :o

message 22: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
I totally hated Allegiant as well. As someone who's interested in genetics I knew that Verona Roth had absolutely no proper science behind the dumb stuff she spent the whole book on.And four was soooo annoying. And I didn't like tris either. (view spoiler)

message 23: by Saumya (new)

Saumya | 159 comments I loved Divergent...it was one of the books that gave me a hangover after I'd finished...I was kind of upset with the movie though :(

message 24: by Juliet (last edited Aug 11, 2014 05:52PM) (new)

Juliet | 245 comments I enjoyed the movie. I just wished they put some more stuff from the book. (view spoiler) I wish Uriah, Lynn, and Marlene were in it. :P

message 25: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Me too! They added a lot to the book. Luckily Uriah is in Insurgent-do you know if Marlene or Lynn will be?

message 26: by Bebe (new)

Bebe Mcneil | 3 comments Favorite series! This series actually made me like to read lol.

message 27: by Clara (new)

Clara | 17 comments Same. I didn't read much before divergent, I couldn't find a book I like now it's the opposite.

message 28: by Leah (new)

Leah Fiorino | 116 comments I love divergent!!!!! I read it on my family road trip to Disney land!!! so it's full of good memories:)

message 29: by Clara (new)

Clara | 17 comments What did you think of the book to movie adaptation. I think it was pretty faithful to the book but insurgent looks like it's going in a different direction.

message 30: by Leah (new)

Leah Fiorino | 116 comments I really like the divergent movie!!! but I don't know about insurgent :( and I don't know how I feel about them adding a new character.

message 31: by Clara (new)

Clara | 17 comments There adding a new character? I don't like the idea of the box thing. The whole movie looks like it's going to centre around it as well.

message 32: by Leah (new)

Leah Fiorino | 116 comments Yeah:( the new character's name is Edgar. Seriously though what is with the box!!!!!

message 33: by Clara (new)

Clara | 17 comments I think it's like the information that jeannine is trying to protect and in the movie she doesn't know what it is and only a special divergent can open it. That's what I got from it.