Telugu Readers discussion

Sahasra Siracheda Apoorva Chintamani
Reviews & Recommendations > Can somebody suggest any fantasy folk novels in Telugu?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Uday Kanth (udayk) | 42 comments So I have recently read the novel called Apoorva Chintamani and really enjoyed it. Was wondering if there are any such Bhairava Dweepam-esque novels in Telugu?

I have read Chandamama books as a child but looking for something a little bit more mature theme wise.

Thanks

message 2: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 298 comments Mod
Madhubabu has written a few novels with that theme. I am unable to recall the titles, but he has atleast 2 such novels.

message 3: by Harish (new)

Harish Challapalli (harishchallapalli) | 302 comments Mod
You can open pushtakalu.com and there go to the drop down menu in books and select janapadam.. from there u can download and read any pdf u want..

and u can always read chandamama kathalu..

pusthaklu.com has a huge collection of telugu books.

Akkimi Anjaneyulu [అక్కిమి ఆంజనేయులు] (akkimi) | 3 comments You can also refer sirimuvvalu.com-->books-->janapadam along with pushtakalu.com.
If you want to read the latest one, then you can find some books from Suryadevara Rammohan Rao (eg. Nagaloka Yagam series, Rugvedam Series, Vaseekarana Yagnam etc.) and Madhu Babu. Some of the stories from these writers also serialized in swathi weekly, but they are not yet published.

message 5: by Harish (new)

Akkimi Anjaneyulu wrote: "You can also refer sirimuvvalu.com-->books-->janapadam along with pushtakalu.com.
If you want to read the latest one, then you can find some books from Suryadevara Rammohan Rao (eg. Nagaloka Yagam ..."

i think both of the sites have same moderator. cos everything looks same.. same books..same sorting..

Akkimi Anjaneyulu [అక్కిమి ఆంజనేయులు] (akkimi) | 3 comments Harish wrote: "Akkimi Anjaneyulu wrote: "You can also refer sirimuvvalu.com-->books-->janapadam along with pushtakalu.com.
If you want to read the latest one, then you can find some books from Suryadevara Rammoha..."

Dear Harish,
User interface for both sites looks similar and both sites are California based sites, but admins are different for both and If we keenly observe some different books are there in both sites.

message 7: by Harish (new)

Akkimi Anjaneyulu wrote: "Harish wrote: "Akkimi Anjaneyulu wrote: "You can also refer sirimuvvalu.com-->books-->janapadam along with pushtakalu.com.
If you want to read the latest one, then you can find some books from Sury..."

ok.. i want rendu rellu aaru book..not able to find.. do u have?

Akkimi Anjaneyulu [అక్కిమి ఆంజనేయులు] (akkimi) | 3 comments Harish wrote: "Akkimi Anjaneyulu wrote: "Harish wrote: "Akkimi Anjaneyulu wrote: "You can also refer sirimuvvalu.com-->books-->janapadam along with pushtakalu.com.
If you want to read the latest one, then you can..."

Sorry Harish, I don't have that book.

Uday Kanth (udayk) | 42 comments thanks guys...I will check out Madhubabu and the websites suggested/

message 10: by ♛ ѶaɱՏ¡ , @విశ్వనరుడునేను (new)

♛ ѶaɱՏ¡  TM (vamsikrishnatm) | 350 comments Mod
I could see Harish,Priya and Anjaneyulu already suggested some good ones. You can explore novels by Lalladevi aswell, might interest you.

message 11: by Mahendra (new)

Mahendra Madavaram | 68 comments ♛ ѶaɱՏ¡ wrote: "I could see Harish,Priya and Anjaneyulu already suggested some good ones. You can explore novels by Lalladevi aswell, might interest you."

yeah nenu http://pusthakalu.com/novels/lalladev... ee novel chadivanu bagundi

message 12: by ♛ ѶaɱՏ¡ , @విశ్వనరుడునేను (new)

♛ ѶaɱՏ¡  TM (vamsikrishnatm) | 350 comments Mod
I Propose , lets read a Telugu socio fantacy novel for April month group read. What do you say folks?

message 13: by Uday (new) - rated it 4 stars

Uday Kanth (udayk) | 42 comments Yeah Vamsi, I'm ready to participate in a group read on this genre. We could do it if at least three ppl are willing I suppose.

message 14: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 298 comments Mod
♛ ѶaɱՏ¡ wrote: "I Propose , lets read a Telugu socio fantacy novel for April month group read. What do you say folks?"

Yes. Actually, we are about to put up a nominations thread.