YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Series) > Throne of Glass

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I haven't read this series yet. Is it good??

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire I literally just bought the first book - I've really been looking forward to reading it! :)

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Tell me how it is!!

message 4: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments It's amazing! The main character, Celaena Sardothien, has so many different layers to her character. The writing is great, the plot is exciting, and I love the magic :)

message 5: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Connie- ooh magic!! Yeah I'm definitely reading this(: Sounds really good!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Jordyn wrote: "Tell me how it is!!"

I keep you in mind! :)

message 7: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
It's so awesome!!! The main character is really developed (especially if you read the Assassin's Blade- 5 short story prequels in one book that show a lot about her). And there are lots of plot twists, an perfect characters (Chaol!)

message 8: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments I love Throne of Glass (it is one if my joint all-time favourites)!! The characters are amazing and I love the little gems embedded into the plot (such as them falling asleep and Celaena remembering his brother, and, "Get up"!). Ooh, I'm so excited for Heir Of Fire!!!! And The Assassin's Blade was so sad... Although I loved Sam, and Ansel, and how we were introduced to Arobynn.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I still have to read this. I might wait for the last book though

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) THIS SERIES IS MY BABY. I was reading it when there was a mere 10,000 ratings on GR. Read it in one sitting on August 5th, 2013. Yup I'm weird like that, I remember when I read this book. The action, the humor, the characters, the setting, the assassinry, everything was awesome!!

I recall reading the second book when I was in Thailand last summer. Crown of Midnight was so fantastic too! It's definitely my favorite sequel ever. Chaolaena <3

Currently reading Heir of Fire. It's a change of pace and I can't say much but I will say this: More magic. Some colluding. New hot characters. Heartache.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 29, 2014 12:56PM) (new)

This Series is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

I Read it In August 2013

I LOVED it and Then I Recommended it To One of My Goodreads Friends Only It Wasn't a Recommendation at First LOL!

message 12: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments I first read Throne of Glass over the 2012 Christmas, I remember I was in Sri Lanka at the time, and I read it twice.
I am so jealous of all those reading Heir of Fire, and want it sooo badly.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) S wrote: "I first read Throne of Glass over the 2012 Christmas, I remember I was in Sri Lanka at the time, and I read it twice.
I am so jealous of all those reading Heir of Fire, and want it sooo badly."

It's worth the wait, trust me ;)

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Ginny ♥♡ Queen Of Book News ♥♡ wrote: "This Series is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

I Read it In August 2013

I LOVED it and Then I Recommended it To One of My Goodreads Friends Only It Wasn't a Recommendation at First LOL!"

are you talking about me?? *sarcasm* YES you said it was NOT a rec because you were afraid I wouldn't like it. xD

message 15: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments All my close friends have read it, and it's mostly because I kept telling them they should

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) S wrote: "All my close friends have read it, and it's mostly because I kept telling them they should"

same! I've gotten so many GR friends and friends from school to read it xD

message 17: by May (new)

May (theladymidnight) We have exactly a month left until Heir of Fire is officially released!

message 18: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Maya wrote: "We have exactly a month left until Heir of Fire is officially released!"

VICTORY!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this series! I recommended it to my friend Claire and she was really excited to read it, but she wasn't allowed to, because her mom thought that it was too violent, but she watched and read the Hunger Games which personally I think is more violent.

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) This series is AMAZING!! Still haven't finished Heir of Fire yet... :P

message 21: by S (new)

S Jakes | 897 comments I'll just simmer in my jealousy and desperate need for a copy between my fingertips. I have the feeling that when I get it, I will spend at least five minutes just stroking the spine.

message 22: by Juliet (last edited Aug 03, 2014 02:33PM) (new)

Juliet | 245 comments I loved this book and I can't wait to read Crown of Midnight! My local bookstore still needs to get it though. :P One of my favorite parts was when Celaena made her teeth red from all the candy. xD That would have been me! I love candy.

message 23: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl L | 40 comments This is one of my favourite books. Sarah J Maas writes really well and she has some really beautiful lines in the book. I can't wait for the fourth book to come out, Queen of Shadows. I feel really bad for Dorian though, but I ship Celaena and Chaol. I think Celaena is one of the best female characters ever.