Art Lovers discussion

Art with Cloth > Needle Felting

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Gargantuan Felt Masks of Beautifully Disturbing Characters
by Paolo Del Toro

"Artist Paolo Del Toro uses needle felting to create massive masks and sculptures out of wool and foam. His creations depict mythical faces in expressions that range from grotesque grimaces to contemplative introspection; all of his works feature open mouths. While Del Toro’s work is not tied to any particular cultural visual heritage, the shifting personalities of his characters are reminiscent of Japanese Noh theater masks, which are designed to show different emotions from different angles..." The artists describes his "work as ugly and beautiful with equal frequency "

message 2: by Heather (last edited Mar 25, 2018 11:43AM) (new)

Heather " I try to find a place in my sculptures that unifies beauty and ugliness. That’s not to say finding somewhere in the middle, but rather finding the place where both coexist at the same time… I hope that by challenging our perspectives, we might look upon one as also the other, and, through that notion, become able to encroach further into the otherness of our dreams and imagination than we might otherwise fear to tread. Paolo Del Toro

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/02...

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather