What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Sci Fi. Alien planet jungle. Teenager tries to catch a butterfly which can communicate telepathically. Wear astronaut suits to go outside. Cover: beautiful, dream-like jungle. Read around 2005.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephan (new)

Stephan Moeijes | 5 comments Dont remember much about the plot, but it starts with them in a base on a planet, they have to wear some kind of astronaut suit to go outside. The book also has a beatiful cover of some kind of dreamy jungle. I read it wenn i was 12 i think (15 years ago)

Spoilers
Small spoiler; they think they cant breath outside their base, wenn the main character goes outside on his own he hears voices or something and at a certain spot his suit melts and he is breathing the air

Hope my explanation is clear, i am Dutch so there are probably some grammer mistakes :)

message 2: by Stephan (new)

Stephan Moeijes | 5 comments The butterfly was able to read/feel the peoples intentions, and rested on his arm wenn he stopped thinking about catching it

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Stephan, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Stephan (new)

Stephan Moeijes | 5 comments Still looking :)

message 5: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments How old was the main character? You note you read it when you were twelve. Do you think the book was for children, YA, or adults?

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Leach | 47 comments Andre Norton - Judgement on Janus?

message 7: by Stephan (new)

Stephan Moeijes | 5 comments For people around 10-18 i guess. Main charactar was around 14-16

message 8: by Stephan (new)

Stephan Moeijes | 5 comments about the butterfly part (my first comment on this), they where playing outside, and they wanted to catch it but it kept flyng away, but when the main charactar stopped thinking about catching it it landed on his arm/hand

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Stephan, I added some details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- What is the main character's gender? Who lives in the base with this teenager? What are their jobs?

message 10: by Renske (new)

Renske | 12 comments I immediately think of: Torenhoog en mijlen breed: een toekomstverhaal. The main character is an adult, not a teenager. But otherwise it matches, with the melting suit, the air that is breathable and the mind reading/voices (although I can't remember butterflies doing the mind reading).