YA Book Addicts discussion

Favorites > Favorite Book to Movie

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
The Fault In Our Stars definitely! Ansel was the perfect Gus and Shai was the perfect Hazel

message 2: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments TFiOS was an amazing adaptation :)

I also think an amazing job was done with the entire Harry Potter series and Catching Fire.

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Yess!! Catching Fire was even better than Hunger Games!! I can't wait for Mockingjay Part 1(:

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Connie wrote: "TFiOS was an amazing adaptation :)

I also think an amazing job was done with the entire Harry Potter series and Catching Fire."

Agreed!

I would also add The Princess Bride, Life of Pi, the Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit.

These Violent Delights (Robin) The Hobbit movies, The HP movies, Catching Fire, and that's it for me lol

message 6: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
I thought The Half-Blood Prince was an especially good HP movie, and I liked Catching Fire even though I haven't read the book yet. Well, I've started it, and then left it, but I plan to continue soon.

message 7: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Yes you should finish Catching Fire!!! It's amazing(: the movie was spectacular

message 8: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

@Jordyn oh, I will!

message 9: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

YAY!

message 10: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 60 comments Best adaption of a book to a movie has to be Peter Jackson's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Don't know if it'll be good or not, but I'm looking forward to seeing THE RANGER'S APPERTICE when it comes to theaters.

message 11: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I really enjoyed The Hobbit and Lord of the rings!!! I haven't read the books though

message 12: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments I've tried multiple times to read The Lord of the Rings, but I just cannot do it. I've been keeping away from the movies, but do you guys think I should watch the film first?

message 13: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  (msdiamondeye) | 14 comments What about The Book Thief??

message 14: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

Connie wrote: "I've tried multiple times to read The Lord of the Rings, but I just cannot do it. I've been keeping away from the movies, but do you guys think I should watch the film first?"

I think I would watch the film, since it's supposed to be good anyways and I've heard Tolkien's writing is a bit heavy. Maybe the movie would get you more interested in the book?

message 15: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

@Ruby that was pretty helpful! I'm not much of a high-fantasy girl, but I will watch the movies just to see if I'm really interested.

message 16: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
The Harry Potter movies are great :D

The Maze Runner looks super great too :)

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) Connie wrote: "I've tried multiple times to read The Lord of the Rings, but I just cannot do it. I've been keeping away from the movies, but do you guys think I should watch the film first?"

That's how I did it. I love the movies - I've seen them like a billion times. But I've only read the books once. You'll get more depth if you read the books, but you can do that after you've watched the movies. I think it's actually one of the few situations in which you should watch the movie first.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry Potter
TFiOS
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

message 19: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments The Book Thief was great

message 20: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
Where do I start-Harry Potter, Where the Red Grows, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Life of Pi, and the list goes on and on.

I watch movies almost as much as I read books.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Life if pie was great and the harry potters were amazing but I wish they kept peeves

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I love peeves! It made me so mad that he wasn't in the films.

message 23: by Alba (new)

Alba Arango | 14 comments Connie wrote: "I've tried multiple times to read The Lord of the Rings, but I just cannot do it. I've been keeping away from the movies, but do you guys think I should watch the film first?"

Watch the movies. They are amazing. The books were a struggle for me...20 pages for a tree scene. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, he was an amazing writer, but that was one series I actually preferred the movies.

message 24: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Catching Fire!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes catching fire was great