2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
This topic is about Queen of Shadows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Sarah J. Maas‘s book, Queen of Shadows.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Anastasia, Joan, Scott, BMAD_Addicts, Susy, Ronnie, SarahKat, Ju, Sarah, MacKenzie, Kaylee, Ilona

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 161
Week 2: 161
Week 3: 161
Week 4: 161

message 3: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 5 stars

SarahKat | 3092 comments This one won a Goodreads choice award in 2015. Figured I'd throw that out there for anyone who hasn't done that prompt on the popsugar challenge yet.

message 4: by Ilona, Global Moderator (last edited Apr 01, 2018 04:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ilona | 4104 comments I needed a break from another book I am reading and stared this two days ago. It is a massive book, again, it has a faster pace than Heir of Fire. I do have a hard time keeping all the characters straight, there are so many now.

message 5: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 5 stars

SarahKat | 3092 comments I agree it has a faster pace than Heir of Fire. I'm about 100 pages in and really enjoying it so far. Glad Manon actually fits into the plotline a little more now.

I'm really not liking Chaol in this book or the last one, which is sad because I loved him in the second one.

Joan Barnett | 863 comments I'm probably going to start this one towards the end of the month. I need to catch up on my other challenge although I'm 4 ahead for the year but if I start this one I know I'll slip!

I do like this series so I wouldn't be surprised if I pick it up sooner!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Hi guys I am going to have to pull out of the buddy read. As I have been unable to get the last few books through the library.

message 8: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 5 stars

SarahKat | 3092 comments Sad to see you go, Sarah.

I finished this yesterday and it was definitely my favorite book so far! It went by so fast and I'm excited for the next book. I hope it's just as good.

Joan Barnett | 863 comments I've started this one today and it has pulled me back into the story. I really do enjoy this series.

message 10: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 863 comments I've read 14 chapters. I'm still not into the witch part but it seems their part in it might be coming more clear. I'm 20% through it.

message 11: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 5 stars

SarahKat | 3092 comments Joan wrote: "I've read 14 chapters. I'm still not into the witch part but it seems their part in it might be coming more clear. I'm 20% through it."

I wasn't a big fan of Manon's story line either. It was better than it was in Heir of Fire though. And it gets much more interesting and integrated by the end of this one!

message 12: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 863 comments I've read through Part 1. I feel like I need a break from it so I will probably pick up something else. It seems to go on forever. I am enjoying it but it is just so long. Here are some of my thoughts:

(view spoiler)

I think maybe this book is not my favorite so far out of them all. There are definite parts that I want to figure out what is going to happen like with Dorian and Rowan but it is going on so long that I just want it to sum up and end at this point.

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments Just finished book 3 so I’ll start on queen of shadows tonight.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Thanks for the lovely comment SarahKat!

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I’m on chapter 20 and this seems like the best of the series so far.

message 16: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 863 comments I've read through chapter 60. I picked it back up from a couple of weeks ago. I needed a break on it.

(view spoiler)

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments Just passed the halfway point, chapter 40. These books are getting better and longer.

message 18: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 863 comments I guess I didn't post in here that I finished it. I found this one a little harder to get through. I thought it was a little too long. The ending didn't leave me with the feeling that I had to read the next book right away. I still like the series but I'm not as invested as I was in the earlier books.

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I really enjoyed this one maybe it felt more like a story with a plot which I didn’t think the previous two had. the ending feels like the series is finished. Although I guess there are a few lose ends.

message 20: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 863 comments Scott wrote: "I really enjoyed this one maybe it felt more like a story with a plot which I didn’t think the previous two had. the ending feels like the series is finished. Although I guess there are a few lose ..."

I kind of felt like it was the end too. I thought maybe the only things they left open was (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.