YA Book Addicts discussion

Favorites > Favorite Generes

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I love supernatural and fantasy books(:

message 2: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Fantasy and sci-fi!

message 3: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments Sci fi and fantasy! Also the occasional contemporary or historical fiction.

message 4: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 60 comments Wait a minute here! Are you all kidding me!
Favorite Genre.... On Here? doesn't it almost have to be YA!

just kidding, I love YA but I'm also a big fan of fantasy and science fiction. (maybe someday those two will actually be separate as anyone who reads them will tell you they're not the same.)

Also like some horror

message 5: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
I always try to lean towards the mature side of YA - gritty contemporaries, dark dystopias, depressing fantasies, brain-shattering sci-fi, horrific historical fiction... that's the stuff I read for pleasure most of the time. I'm not emo, I swear! I own a light pink jumper with horses and flowers on it!

message 6: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Amee wrote: "I always try to lean towards the mature side of YA - gritty contemporaries, dark dystopias, depressing fantasies, brain-shattering sci-fi, horrific historical fiction... that's the stuff I read for..."

Haha that's fantastic! But yeah I know what you mean- have you read Unwind?

message 7: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

Riya wrote: "Amee wrote: "I always try to lean towards the mature side of YA - gritty contemporaries, dark dystopias, depressing fantasies, brain-shattering sci-fi, horrific historical fiction... that's the stu..."

Nope! But I'm dying to.

message 8: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Amee wrote: "Riya wrote: "Amee wrote: "I always try to lean towards the mature side of YA - gritty contemporaries, dark dystopias, depressing fantasies, brain-shattering sci-fi, horrific historical fiction... t..."

You definitely should!!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I love those types too I've read unwind. Any other recommendations?

message 10: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
I would recommend the Escape from Furnace series- very creepy and intense as well!

message 11: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

LittleMissBookworm(lauren) wrote: "I love those types too I've read unwind. Any other recommendations?"

I would also recommend Human.4 (Point 4, #1) by Mike A. Lancaster . The cover is enough to let you know that it's a pretty creepy book. There's one after it, but I haven't read it yet. And if you feel like you want more creepy stuff, I would say you check out Paolo Bacigalupi. I know his short stories from Pump Six and Other Stories by Paolo Bacigalupi are not for the weak.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay thanks. Not totally creepy but I cool weird. Dystopia

message 13: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I like fantasy, some paranormal, and dystopia. But I enjoy reading all genres that fall under the YA umbrella, as long as they contain good books!

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Fantasy at the moment! Detesting contemporary. Liking paranormal. Avoiding dystopian

message 15: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
There are actually too many dystopian books right now...

message 16: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

True! It's still considered the new 'it' genre but I feel like it's getting kind of overused tbh

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I know it's like heres a dystopia trilogy and here's another and another right now I like scifi mod paranormal

message 18: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Amee wrote: "True! It's still considered the new 'it' genre but I feel like it's getting kind of overused tbh"

For sure

message 19: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments It's not as popular as it used to be in the past few years though (or maybe it's just me not reading as many)...