Challenge Corner discussion

The Pledge (The Pledge, #1)
This topic is about The Pledge
Let's Buddy! - Science Fiction > The Pledge by Kimberly Derting -> Starting April 7th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she's spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can't be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country's only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.

message 2: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 2 stars

Andy | 7372 comments Mod
Ch 4 (view spoiler)

Ch 9 (view spoiler)

message 3: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 2 stars

Andy | 7372 comments Mod
Ch. 15 (view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Andrea wrote: "Ch 4 [spoilers removed]

Ch 9 [spoilers removed]"

I loved the (view spoiler)

I agree. (view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Andrea wrote: "Ch. 15 [spoilers removed]"

It wasn't quite that bad for me but it was a bit of a let down. I'm pretty sure I have read this before and I remember it as better but it was like 8 years ago so I was a lot younger. :S

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'm really curious what the next book is going to be about. They didn't really leave any questions unanswered. :/

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Review(view spoiler)

message 8: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 2 stars

Andy | 7372 comments Mod
Bookbuyer wrote: "I'm really curious what the next book is going to be about. They didn't really leave any questions unanswered. :/"

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 2 stars

Andy | 7372 comments Mod
Finished (view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Andrea wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "I'm really curious what the next book is going to be about. They didn't really leave any questions unanswered. :/"

[spoilers removed]"

Cool. I guess they did leave that kind of open. :)