Horror Aficionados discussion

Book Recommendations > Monsters / taboo books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Recommend disgusting books for me. I’m familiar and a fan of Richard Laymon, James Herbert, and Brian Keene. Challenge me and anyone else following this!

Decent length novels, no short stories, thanks. Monsters, sex, gore, taboo themes (no underage characters), and absolutely no vampires or shapeshifters. Sick of them. Werewolves/wolves are acceptable.

Mixofsunandcloud | 539 comments If you're looking for real extreme horror, try the Bizarro and Splatterpunk section.

message 4: by Anne (w/ an E) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 754 comments I hear Edward Lee is pretty disgusting.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments Wolf Hunt was fun. There's gore and humor, but it's a light and quick read so not sure if that suits you.

message 6: by Char (last edited Mar 27, 2018 12:48PM) (new)

Char  | 13883 comments Mod
Dead Sea by Tim Curran Worm by Tim Curran Graveworm by Tim Curran Sow by Tim Curran
The Devoured by Curtis M. Lawson Blister by Jeff Strand Mass Hysteria by Michael Patrick Hicks Tijuana Donkey Showdown by Adam Howe The Angel and the King of Cruel by W.T. Shad Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz
Zero Lives Remaining by Adam Cesare
Video Night A Novel of Alien Horror by Adam Cesare

I think most of these meet your criteria. Video Night has high school students so that might be out.

message 8: by Cory (new)

Cory Eadson | 2 comments Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z Brite might be just your cup of tea. It ticks most of those boxes!