{Camp Half-Blood} discussion

CHB > Infirmary

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Where Demigods often go when injured or hurt

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments Twyla appeared in the infirmary with her brother. She immediatly started searching for something to help with the pain. She knew she needed to get him some nectar and ambrosia as well but she wasn't sure how much to give him. If only his father were around or even Artemis. "Lukas you are going to be alright. I swear."

message 3: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas coughed up blood turning several tone paler than his usual tan. His eyes were blank and lifeless and he was bleeding out all over the cot bed. No healers were in the infirmary because no one was expecting someone to be injured at the time. He was ill clearly and it was proven even more so when the wound began to smoke and he coughed up blood and some black goo with it.

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments Twyla found some towels and took off her belt. She pressed down on the towels and then used her belt to keep them secure. She pulled a drachma out of her pocket and went over to the sink. She wasn't sure who else ro call so she turned on the water, tossed in the coin and called her father. He'd know who to get a hold of. "Dad?"

((Is this ok?))

message 5: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((what do you mean?))

The image flickered as a small rainbow formed in the spray of the faucet. Hades appeared sitting on his throne. He was talking to some pleading ghost. "No Hitler! I told you whether you are a son of mine or not Zeus saw fit that you be punished for your murders. I'm sure you saw them as cleansing the bloodlines and creating a pure race, but it doesn't work so simply my boy. Back to the fields of punishment you can cool off with a juice box and some crackers after ten thousand laps through the fields of thrones and serpents. Don't try wearing any clothes there because you will just get stuck completely and the snakes will do away with you." Hades said dismissing him as cries of pleading erupted as two large soldier skeletons carried him off. The image grew closer, "Awe, dear Twyla? You know I can't be caught talking to my kids while working. You only have this Summer to endure then Winter comes and you will come down with Lukas to stay here for a few months until Persephone returns to the upper world." Hades said a bit painfully as he really wanted to have a nice father daughter conversation with Twyla.

message 6: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((gtG))

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments "But Daddy this isn't my normal miss you call. Lukas is seriously injured and I don't know what to do. Why did you send the siblings of death here? Why weren't they doing their jobs elsewhere?" Twyla was crying now but she stepped to the side and let her father see Lukas' condition.

message 8: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Hades stood up from his throne in shock. "I gave Thanatos the day off Ker never works a day in her life because fun to her is causing what her power causes. My dear, what other gods do I cannot step in the way of their will even minor gods. I can only tell you to pray to every god of health and medicine to help him. I am unsure of his full condition, but I do sense a soul nearing the gates of my kingdom. I'm sorry my dear. It is out of my hands until his soul has crossed into my realm I can do nothing." Hades said in dismay at what was happening. Lukas was injured and close to death and Hades could do nothing. He saw the pain on Twyla's face. "I may be one of the few gods who actually do follow the laws of immortals, but I can't simply stop all of my morals in this world for one life. I'm sorry my dear sweet Twyla." Hades said as the rainbow image faded.
Lukas' veins were showing a deep blue as they were almost turning black in appearance. The wound continued to smoke with a very pungent odor...the odor of death.

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments "Of course you can't help with this. What was I thinking?" Twyla said with a sigh. She opened every door and window she could in order to let the sunlight in. She then moved over to her brother's side and started to pray as her father had suggested.

message 10: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas gasped in pain. He sound as if he were struggling for air. His veins reached his eyes turning his veins and his eyes completely black. Thanatos had poisoned the poor boy and he was to die a horrible death. Then in the wind a voice came out from nowhere, "Sshhhh, Die with peace." Lukas' body finally began to regulate as his colour didn't return but his eyes went pale somewhat back to normal and his veins seemed to disappear from the surface of the skin and the wound stopped smoking. Lukas simply laid in peace. Thanatos wasn't just death, but when he killed they had to die peacefully. The Fates made it so that he was death and peaceful death. Making Ker violent death.

message 11: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) A silver shaft of moonlight shone through the window, despite the fact it was the middle of the day. Astrid/Artemis formed there, striding forward to Lukas. She looked over him and shook her head with a sigh, "Where is my brother when I need him?" She muttered to herself, placing a hand on the boy's forehead to see how bad he was.

message 12: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((Maggie your turn!!!)))

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments ((Sorry didn't get the notification))

Twyla looked up to see a younger girl touching her brother's forehead. "Who are you? Are you a daughter of Apollo? Can you help my brother? Please my dad says that there was a soul getting close to his realm. I just hope it is somebody else. I think the sunlight is helping but I don't know for sure.

message 14: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((no big))

Lukas felt the warmth of a familiar presence. He managed his eyes open. "Art...Astrid?" He tried catching himself even in his deathly state. He was to either fight his soul being pulled from his body or accept his death.

message 15: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Darling..." Artemis looked over at Twyla and shook her head. She'd worry about how someone appearing in moonlight in the middle of the day could be confused with a child of Apollo later. For now, "Please, if you want me to be able to help I need you to stay out of the way and quiet, alright?" She said gently before turning back to Lukas. It wasn't too hard to heal his physical wounds, but she could not effect the soul. "Lukas. It is not often that I choose a male, you know. I need you to live, so I can see that you aren't all as bad as the last one I chose." She smiled slightly.
Then she stiffened as an idea struck her. It wouldn't be great for him, but it was necessary. "I might be able to help. If you join my Hunt now... physical injuries are automatically healed when I accept your pledge. I am sorry, but Apollo is the healer, not me. It is the only way I can think of." She apologized, a scratch on his shoulder healing under her touch.

message 16: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((I'll let Maggie post and we cna stick to the order of Maggie, Jacob, Masquerade...))

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments Twyla's head was spinning. Astrid was Artemis? "Please join her Luka. Please." She couldn't lose her brother. Not now. She started pacing the floor. Every second that went by felt like an hour. Twyla started to pray again.

message 18: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas nodded sickly. "I Lukas Arin Talanton..." He coughed blood, "Pledge myself to the Goddess Artemis...I turn my back on the company of men and women, accept eternal bachelorhood, and join the Hunt." He said hunt in his final breath. He knew the rites and oath very well as he had seen it done at camp once before and it intrigued him. The one he recited he had made up a long time ago to be for a male instead of a female.

message 19: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "I accept your pledge, Lukas Arin Talanton." Artemis responded simply. A silver light lit up the room, emanating from Lukas for a moment before fading away. She studied him, sensing his life force strengthening. "Welcome to the Hunt, Lukas." She smiled grimly, leaning back against the empty bed beside him with a slight sigh. Then she turned to Twyla. "Even if you do not pledge too, I expect you to not tell camp who I am." She warned, raising an eyebrow. For someone that looked 18ish, Artemis could be effortlessly intimidating.

message 20: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((Maggie next))

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments "I won't tell. I would like to join once I get my life back together though. I just have one request. He has to be in the Underworld at wintertime. I want my family together for 3 months a year." Twyla looked at the goddess with gratitude. "Thank you for helping my brother Lady Artemis. I am eternally grateful."

message 22: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas sat up an immortal glow about him. "I'm alive...Thank you Artemis." He said without thinking he pulled her into a hug. "Thanatos nearly has me." He said breathing abti heavily. he wasn't sued to his Immortal body and it felt so lively and full of energy. He had no flaws whatsoever. When he stood he pulled his ripped shirt off revealing no scars. From past quest and the recent injury Lukas seemed perfectly perfect. IF one didn't know better instead of a son they would think of him as Apollo himself.

message 23: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Well. Now he never will. Now you go right to Ker, as Hunters can only die in battle." Artemis pointed out, then grimaced. Thanatos would not be very happy with her, she was sure. She studied him a moment before sighing, "Don't be surprised if Apollo comes to visit you, or notices you when he comes for me." She warned, shrugging her dark braid back behind her shoulders.

message 24: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas glared coldly, "Why would he notice me? He hasn't yet? I don't want him to visit me ever. I have a father in the Underworld...His name is Hades." He downed his head, "DOn't get me wrong, artemis. I will follow you into any battle, but I want nothing to do with Apollo. Also as my sister requested may I stay in the winter or at least for part of winter with her in the Underworld?" He asked hopeful. Some immortals could enter between realms, but he was unsure if hunters were confined to Olympus and the earth.

message 25: by Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (last edited Mar 01, 2015 08:35AM) (new)

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments Twyla went to stand by her brother. He looked so different but yet exactly the same. She rested aShand on his arm. She had so many questions for Artemis but they could wait. She really needed to get an answer to her first question. Her family had always been her main concern and it would probably be that way for the rest of her life.

message 26: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((Maggie can you make it bigger please?))

message 28: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((Thank you ^_^))

message 29: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "If you wish to go and visit, then you will be allowed to." Artemis said simply. Her eyes narrowed slightly. "As I believe I have said before, do not insult my brother, Lukas. But I will tell you, he is not as absent as you'd like to think." She said in a warning tone, but that was all she did about it. "Alright. Do you need some time to get your stuff together before I take you to meet the others?"

message 30: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas looked almost completely in shock, "Wait, others? I thought we were just going to stay at camp form now on. What is there to fight? What is it that we must hunt so gravely? I get now that I'm immortal I am entitled to be given secrets that only the gods know and not tell mortals, but Twyla won't tell anyone. Is something wrong? Will another war begin?" He asked feeling a bit more frantic now. He knew deep down he would see Twyla less except during his time in the Underworld. "Lady Artemis, I want to know everything that I need to know now before I say goodbye to Twyla." When Lukas saw a girl turn into a hunter she seemed otherworldly with a divine wisdom that made her understand that her life was behind her and her immortal duties were all that mattered. Now he felt the same thing, but mortality mixed and he couldn't help but feel guilt the entire time.

message 31: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Oh, you think that we only go out when there's something specific to fight." Artemis nodded as she finally understood, jumping up to sit on the edge of the empty bed behind her. "Oh no. We're out... almost all the time. I only send the Hunters here if there's something too dangerous for them, or something like that. We always Hunt. There are always monsters, and we can always hunt. The more monsters we hunt, the less monsters attack half-bloods. Therefor the more half-bloods make it to camp." She explained calmly. "Any more questions?" She asked patiently.

message 32: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas nodded more fully understanding. "How long do I have to say goodbye?" He asked looking to Twyla a bit guilty now. He would feel so much better dead than having to leave her behind alone. "Twyla...do you have any questions for Lady Artemis?" He asked slowly as divinity slowly began to eat away as his mortality. He was losing his sub-conscience and was beginning to understand duty before care.

message 33: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) With a shrug, Artemis looked over at Twyla. "As long as you'd like, really. Just... I don't know, no longer than a week?" She shrugged again, then stared hard at him. "Lukas. You're becoming immortal, and that means that you're changing. You no longer have a soul, but that doesn't mean you're not yourself. It just means that who you really are is not just contained in a soul. You are you, and you can still feel. Don't forget that."

message 34: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments ((I'll let Maggie psot))

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments "Lady Artemis? Will I be able to contact my brother at all? Do all of your hunters stick together or do they go of on their own? How do I get in touch with you when I decide I am ready to join you?" Twyla asked each of her questions and then looked at the goddess and waited patiently for an answer.

message 36: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas felt that his sister lost her rage abotu him leaving and now was genuinely concerned abotu never seeing him again. "Not to mention the fact if she becomes a whore and sleeps around will she be able to gain her virginity back? I won't be able to keep the guys off of her if I'm not around and I'm sure Is aw an Ares boy eyeballing her. "He understood what it meant to be immortal now, but something inside still made him worry for his sister. He also began to question if he died in battle being a soulless immortal would he in fact find himself as nothingness instead of a lost soul in the Underworld?

message 37: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Alright, let's really not start this." Artemis warned, stepping forward in between them and holding her hands out to each sibling in traditional 'stop!' gesture. "That is her choice then. If she stops being a virgin by choice, then I can do nothing. But... many of my Hunters didn't have the choice. If, gods forbid, something like that happens, she will be welcome. And I can generally sense when the choice is being taken away, and I will be able to help her. So she'll be alright, Lukas. Don't worry." She assured him.

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments Twyla stuck her tongue out at her brother and placed her hands on her hips. "He only likes me because I'm the BAB that beat him in a fight last week." She didn't tell him why she was fighting him in the first place. Although he probably already knew the reason.

message 39: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas nodded, "Very well. "Artemis I shall gather my things and prepare my goodbyes. I will be ready by morning." He assured her. "Twyla...I'm not even going to ask was a BAB is, but I will tell you now if you keep hurting yourself as you have been you won't like my return when you see me again." He said a bit fatherly almost as if divinity gave him a higher sense of being. He may always be who he always has been, but being immortal changed a lot. Artemis wouldn't know because she has always been immortal. "I will be packed and ready and by dawns first light I shall be at the top of half-blood hill to await you, my Lady." He said almost regal-like.

message 40: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) Artemis snorted slightly. "Arrogance will not endear you to my Hunters, even though you are a girl." She warned, shaking her head at Twyla. She cupped her hands together, and when she opened them she was holding a falcon. "Here. If you are in trouble, or are ready to contact me, the bird will automatically be able to shadow-travel to my location." She explained, passing the bird over to Twyla. Then she turned to Lukas. "Pack light. Move your things that are left here to Cabin 8, which should be most of your unnecessary things." She said crisply, then cracked her neck to each side. "I'll expect you." She nodded.

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments Twyla held out her arm to the bird and then remembered her brother's birds. "Lukas, what about your birds? Are you taking them with you?"

message 42: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 507 comments Lukas frowned, "I expect my birds will be able to handle things on their own, but I know for fact no matter where I go they will follow." He said nodding to a window as Myrtle perched on it. "You must have not enjoyed the company of the death gods, huh?" The raven cawed. Lukas moved to kiss his sister on the cheek. "I'll be packing my things in my cabin." He said leaving the goddess with a nod of respect ebfore walking out of the Infirmary he figured Twyla would still want to discuss some things with the goddess.

Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 407 comments "I know you must be busy so I'll clean up here and you can go about your business." Twyla turned her back to the goddess just as she began to cry. She allowed the tears to flow silently down her cheeks as she found the cleaning supplies and began scrubbing the table where her brother had been moments before.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Winter gently set Gen down on the closest bed to the door. She fluffed her pillow and arranged her hair. "There," she said, then turned to Violet. "Now what happened?" She asked.

message 46: by Amy (new)

Amy Of Tarth "She became unconscious. " violet stated obviously. They would have a right go at her if they knew what had happened, but she wouldn't hide it; that would be weak and coawardly. And that was what she was trying not to be.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"I got that." Winter deadpanned, "But how did she get unconscious?"

message 48: by Amy (new)

Amy Of Tarth "What business is it of yours?!" She demanded looking up angrily.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Winter blinked. "I just figured it would be useful to know, since you're going to have to tell whoever comes to look at Gen's wound." She looked at Violet accusingly. "Or should I say wounds .

message 50: by Amy (new)

Amy Of Tarth (Sorry, didnt get the notification. )
"Yeah well that's not you is it?!" She advanced in a threatening manner towards her.

« previous 1 3