What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Adult 20th century historical fiction of an English woman's life

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle L (new)

Michelle L (michellereader) Published in the 1970s I believe, not much earlier. Starts with a pre-toddler on the lawn of a wealthy home around the turn of the 20th C, and emphasizes the beautiful society mother of the baby. Book then moves through the baby girl's life as she experiences the changes of the 20th Century - I remember specific scenes during WWII with troops on a train she's on, being in a bombed London restaurant where, not yet knowing "the effects of blast" render her unaware that the apparently unconscious but clean people are actually dead. Some time in her life she becomes politically involved. Later, her 1960s daughter and she experience very different political attitudes. I think her husband's nick-name was Ned.

It was not a romance novel, nor a dead serious one but excellent popular fiction. Author was a woman. If you have a clue, I'd be so delighted.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Michelle --
You can bump your thread every month or so. This puts your book back at the top of the folder instead of on page 28. More people and newer eyes will see it and perhaps know your book. Good luck!

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly | 4 comments Life after Life by Kate Atkinson??? I loved that book...

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments Life After Life for the link.

message 5: by Michelle L (new)

Michelle L (michellereader) Thanks for the Atkinson suggestions, but plot doesn't fit memory, and no paranormal elements in my search.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Michelle L left the group. Moving to Abandoned.