Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > May 2018 Sub-Genre Nominations (psychological thriller)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Mar 26, 2018 08:54AM) (new)

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers,

Nominations for our May Sub-genre Book Discussion is now open. To ensure your nomination will be included in our poll, please make sure it conforms to the following guidelines:

AUTHORS please note: We DO NOT accept nominations of your own work. Please see our Author Guidelines for more information. You are, however, welcome to participate in the nomination (of another author's work), polling, and book discussions in general.

1) You may nominate one (1) book.

2) Your nomination should be a Psychological Thriller.

3) New releases that are only available in hardcover should not be nominated. Your nomination should be available in paperback as well as in digital format. If your nomination was originally published in a non-English language, there should be an English translation available. That will ensure the book will be most easily accessible to all members.

4) You may nominate any book that is in a series, it does not have to be the first book.

5) To ensure your nomination is included in our poll correctly, do include the name of both the book and the author. You are welcome to use the "add book/author" tool, which is located above the right upper corner of the comment window when you nominate your selection.

6) By entering a nomination you are agreeing to act as our Book Discussion Leader for that book if it wins. Don't worry it is neither difficult nor time consuming. The moderators are here to help in the event that you need a hand.

7) If a book is nominated by two different people, the member who first nominated the book will be recognized as the Book Discussion Leader.

8) Post your nomination as a comment in this discussion. Do not notify the moderators of your selection by way of a private message, if you do you run the risk of your book not being including in the poll.

If you have any questions, you can leave a comment in this discussion or send me a private message directly.

The nomination period will close on April 1 at approximately 7:oo pm, Arizona time.

Polling will begin on April 4.

Thank you and happy reading!

message 2: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) Darn, I was going to nominate Tangerine until I saw rule #3. :)

So I will instead nominate Blue Monday, a book I've been wanting to read for a while. It's the first book in the Frieda Klein series.

message 4: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 651 comments Mod
Suzy wrote: "Darn, I was going to nominate Tangerine until I saw rule #3. :)

So I will instead nominate Blue Monday, a book I've been wanting to read for a while. It's the first..."

I just got a copy of Tangerine from the library Suzy. So excited to read it. Will have to read it quickly as i can’t renew it. The cover alone makes me want to read this one.

message 5: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
Suzy wrote: "Darn, I was going to nominate Tangerine until I saw rule #3. :)

So I will instead nominate Blue Monday, a book I've been wanting to read for a while. It's the first..."

Suzy give it a couple of months then nominate it. It sounds amazing!

message 6: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
I'm going to nominate Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) ⊱✿Gem✿⊰ wrote: "I'm going to nominate Red Dragon by Thomas Harris."

I have added it to my TBR Shelf - looks amazing!

message 8: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) Icewineanne wrote: "Suzy wrote: "Darn, I was going to nominate Tangerine until I saw rule #3. :)

So I will instead nominate Blue Monday, a book I've been wanting to read for a while. I..."

It looks really good! I'm on the waitlist for the audio at my library. We'll have to compare notes once we've read it!

message 9: by Christine (new)

message 10: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 651 comments Mod
Suzy wrote: "Icewineanne wrote: "Suzy wrote: "Darn, I was going to nominate Tangerine until I saw rule #3. :)

So I will instead nominate Blue Monday, a book I've been wanting to..."

Definitely Suzy!
Apparently this has already been optioned by George Clooney & Scarlett Johansson. I hope the wait list isn’t too long for the audio.

message 11: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 60 comments Lee child-- no middle name

message 12: by Robert (last edited Mar 31, 2018 08:33AM) (new)

Robert Bucchianeri | 1 comments ⊱✿Gem✿⊰ wrote: "I'm going to nominate Red Dragon by Thomas Harris."

A truly great novel--Red Dragon.

message 13: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments I nominate Stalked by Brian Freeman.

message 14: by Cathie (last edited Mar 31, 2018 01:21PM) (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 10 comments I nominate You by Caroline Kepnes
You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes

message 15: by Gram (new)

Gram | 3 comments Robert wrote: "⊱✿Gem✿⊰ wrote: "I'm going to nominate Red Dragon by Thomas Harris."

A truly great novel--Red Dragon."

Seconded!

message 16: by Kelly (last edited Apr 01, 2018 06:18AM) (new)

Kelly (marquis784) | 35 comments Maybe for a later date....this book was released 2017 but I think still in hardcover. It is available digitally, though.

Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughan

The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond

message 17: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
Thank you to everyone who offered nominations for our May Sub-Genre Read.

The following books have been disallowed due to lack of availability in either digital or paperback:

The Wife
Anatomy of a Scandal

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.