Horror Aficionados discussion

Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, #9)
This topic is about Cemetery Dance
69 views
Buddy Reads > The Cemetery Dance

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Ginger | 3411 comments Terry and I will be starting this tomorrow for a buddy read. Please join us if you would like to continue your Pendergast journey!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments Yas!


Ginger | 3411 comments I can’t wait to start this!!


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "I can’t wait to start this!!"

You're dead right about that! 😁


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments We are going to need to talk about this pretty quickly after you start . . .


Terry | 4930 comments Matthew wrote: "We are going to need to talk about this pretty quickly after you start . . ."

Sounds like it starts off in the action.


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments *holds tongue*

The anticipation is killing me!


Ginger | 3411 comments Matthew wrote: "*holds tongue*

The anticipation is killing me!"


Hahahaha!! Keep holding that tongue! 😂


message 9: by Ginger (last edited Mar 25, 2018 08:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments I got to Ch10 this morning! Woah!! This just starts off with a bang. I don't see myself not binge reading this book.

(view spoiler) Ahhhh!!

Damn, I love Voodoo like themes. This could end up being a Pendergast favorite depending on how it all goes down.


Terry | 4930 comments Holy crap! I'm just two chapters in, but we've (view spoiler)


Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "Holy crap! I'm just two chapters in, but we've [spoilers removed]"

I know! It starts off with a crack!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Holy crap! I'm just two chapters in, but we've [spoilers removed]"

I know! It starts off with a crack!"


Terry wrote: "Holy crap! I'm just two chapters in, but we've [spoilers removed]"

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "I got to Ch10 this morning! Woah!! This just starts off with a bang. I don't see myself not binge reading this book.

[spoilers removed] Ahhhh!!

Damn, I love Voodoo like themes. This could end up ..."


I’m just up to ch10 now also. I feel like the same thing is going to happen! (view spoiler)


Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "I’m just up to ch10 now also. I feel like the same thing is going to happen! (view spoiler) "

Yeah, that would be so weird! I don't want it to happen but I can see Preston/Child going in strange directions like this. hahaha


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments You guys seem to be handling the start of this book better than I did!


message 16: by Ginger (last edited Mar 27, 2018 08:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments Matthew wrote: "You guys seem to be handling the start of this book better than I did!"

I think I was prepared for it since it was in the book description. I wish they had not done that. I would have been the same. I would not have handled it as well as I did!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "You guys seem to be handling the start of this book better than I did!"

I think I was prepared for it since it was in the book description. I wish they had not done that. I would h..."


#1 reason I NEVER read book descriptions. I go by recommendation and genre alone. Too mamy times the key plot point is on the flap or on the back.


Ginger | 3411 comments Matthew wrote: "#1 reason I NEVER read book descriptions. I go by recommendation and genre alone. Too mamy times the key plot point is on the flap or on the back. "

And this was a perfect example of not doing it!! Ugh


Terry | 4930 comments I’m the same as you, Matthew. I try never to read those descriptions either. Sorry that was spoiled for you, Ginger! What happened definitely shocked me with the start of this one.


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments So, Ginger, definitely dont read any of the descriptions of the Pendergast books going forward! 😃😃😃


message 21: by Ginger (last edited Mar 27, 2018 11:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments Matthew wrote: "So, Ginger, definitely dont read any of the descriptions of the Pendergast books going forward! 😃😃😃"

Without a doubt!!! :(


message 22: by Ginger (last edited Mar 27, 2018 11:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments I just got to Ch19. That chapter with (view spoiler)


Terry | 4930 comments At the end of ch12 (view spoiler)


message 24: by Ginger (last edited Mar 28, 2018 07:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "At the end of ch12 [spoilers removed]"

I agree!!! Seriously, my world will not be okay (view spoiler)


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments While I do love Pendergast (view spoiler) (note, my spoiler is probably not really a spoiler, but I am careful!)


Ginger | 3411 comments Matthew wrote: "While I do love Pendergast [spoilers removed] (note, my spoiler is probably not really a spoiler, but I am careful!)"

I agree with you! (view spoiler)


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "While I do love Pendergast [spoilers removed] (note, my spoiler is probably not really a spoiler, but I am careful!)"

I agree with you! [spoilers removed]"


I agree, and only slightly less (view spoiler)


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "At the end of ch12 [spoilers removed]"

I agree!!! Seriously, my world will not be okay [spoilers removed]"


Exactly!


Ginger | 3411 comments I got to CH29 today and stopping for a few days for you to catch up. I'm loving this book. The whole voodoo thing is fantastic!

And I hate Kline! Even if he's not (view spoiler)


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "I just got to Ch19. That chapter with [spoilers removed]"

I just read that part, and agree totally. That was hard to read and imagine the reality.


message 31: by Ginger (last edited Mar 30, 2018 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments I finished up Ch32 last night and absolutely lost my mind. Holy shit!
Terry, don't click on this yet until you finish up that chapter.
(view spoiler)


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "I finished up Ch32 last night and absolutely lost my mind. Holy shit! Terry, don't click on this yet until you finish up that chapter.
[spoilers removed]"


Oh man. I think I’m up to ch26 or so, so I should get there today. Totally curious now!


Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "Oh man. I think I’m up to ch26 or so, so I should get there today. Totally curious now! "

Yeah, crazy chapter!! hahahaha


Matthew (funkygman007) | 999 comments Yeah - this whole book is batshit crazy! I really do think it is my favorite after Cabinet of Curiosities (well, as a follow up to the last book, probably made it look a lot better to me). Also, it returns to the feel of the early books.


Ginger | 3411 comments Matthew wrote: "Yeah - this whole book is batshit crazy! I really do think it is my favorite after Cabinet of Curiosities (well, as a follow up to the last book, probably made it look a lot better to me). Also, it..."

I agree Matthew! It feels like one of the earlier books in the series. I'm loving this one so far!


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "I finished up Ch32 last night and absolutely lost my mind. Holy shit!
Terry, don't click on this yet until you finish up that chapter.
[spoilers removed]"


Batshit crazy is the only way to describe that!


Terry | 4930 comments Omg, the end of ch39 (view spoiler)


message 38: by Ginger (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "Batshit crazy is the only way to describe that!."

Ha! It is indeed. I'm hoping to catch up to you tonight. I've had no time to read this weekend. I can't wait to get to Ch39 then.


Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "Omg, the end of ch39 [spoilers removed]"

God, I don't know!! (view spoiler)

You guys described this book perfectly. This book is batshit crazy! I love it! hahaha


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Omg, the end of ch39 [spoilers removed]"

God, I don't know!! [spoilers removed]

You guys described this book perfectly. This book is batshit crazy! I love it! hahaha"


I've stopped at ch44. It stays just as crazy! (view spoiler)


message 41: by Ginger (last edited Apr 01, 2018 07:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "I've stopped at ch44. It stays just as crazy! (view spoiler) "

I'll try and get there tomorrow. I finally got some reading in tonight and glad I got to Ch39.
Thank goodness for getting back to reading!


message 42: by Terry (last edited Apr 01, 2018 08:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I've stopped at ch44. It stays just as crazy! (view spoiler) "

I'll try and get there tomorrow. I finally got some reading in tonight and glad I got to Ch39.
Thank goodness for getti..."


I'll be back to my slow pace tomorrow with the work week starting. Also joining a BR for Under a Watchful Eye.

Hope you had a good Easter holiday!


Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I've stopped at ch44. It stays just as crazy! (view spoiler) "

I'll try and get there tomorrow. I finally got some reading in tonight and glad I got to Ch39.
Thank goo..."


Great! I need a slow pace now. I bit off more then I could chew. Just like a rat...🤓🤣
I’m also in a BR for The Rats. It started off good!
I’m looking forward to seeing what you think about Under a Watchful Eye. Cool plot!

I did have a good Easter weekend, just super busy. Hope you did as well Terry!


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I've stopped at ch44. It stays just as crazy! (view spoiler) "

I'll try and get there tomorrow. I finally got some reading in tonight and glad I got to C..."


Sounds good. I liked The Rats, all three in the trilogy actually. Hope you do.


message 45: by Ginger (last edited Apr 02, 2018 08:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "Sounds good. I liked The Rats, all three in the trilogy actually. Hope you do. "

I hope I do too. I might just read all three, one after the next.
I'll be immersed with nothing but rats! LOL


Ginger | 3411 comments I just finished up Ch42. Uh, the whole chapter with the warrant on the Villa blew my mind. How freaking creepy!!
(view spoiler)
I feel like I'm D'Agosta the cynic on this one and I'm going to end up getting killed because I'm too shocked to believe in Obeah. hahaha


message 47: by Terry (last edited Apr 02, 2018 06:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "I just finished up Ch42. Uh, the whole chapter with the warrant on the Villa blew my mind. How freaking creepy!!
[spoilers removed]
I feel like I'm D'Agosta the cynic on this one and I'm going to e..."


I know! I kept expecting everything to fall apart in that chapter. I was surprised (view spoiler)


message 48: by Terry (last edited Apr 02, 2018 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Terry | 4930 comments I forgot to say I'm still sitting at ch44, too.


message 49: by Ginger (last edited Apr 02, 2018 07:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3411 comments Terry wrote: "I know! I kept expecting everything to fall apart in that chapter. I was surprised (view spoiler) "

Oh, I agree!! (view spoiler)
Hahaha!


Terry | 4930 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I know! I kept expecting everything to fall apart in that chapter. I was surprised (view spoiler) "

Oh, I agree!! [spoilers removed]
Hahaha!"


Yes, exactly!


« previous 1
back to top