What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Destruction Derby
This topic is about Destruction Derby
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Adolescent book series about cars and hot rods. Read in the mid 80's --- series probably from the 60's. Yellow Jacket Demolition Derby ? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wesley (new)

Wesley Richards | 6 comments Hi, looking for info about an adolescent book series about cars / hot rods.

The books were at my school library in the mid 80's , and I believe they were older books --- most likely published in the 60's or 70's (the school was first opened in 1976 if that helps)

The only plot detail i can remember is about a car entered into a demolition derby. The car is bright yellow, and given the name "the Yellow jacket" .

Looking for info on any books of this sort (adolescent involving hot rods/cars)

Thanks ! Wes

message 2: by Rosa (last edited Mar 28, 2018 02:04PM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments Henry Gregor Felsen is an author to look at. The book you're describing isn't Hot Rod or Road Rocket, but it might be one of the others, Street Rod, Crash Club, or Rag Top (also known as The Cup of Fury).

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4229 comments Or Destruction Derby by Anabel Dean? It appears to have car named that: https://books.google.com/books?&i...+

message 4: by Wesley (new)

Wesley Richards | 6 comments Omg !!! That’s exactly it !!!
Thank you so much !!!!

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments Good job, Ayshe! I'm glad it's been found, Wesley.