YA Book Addicts discussion

Movies/TV > Divergent

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
Here you can talk about Divergent!
I sadly STILL haven't seen it):

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire It was a pretty good adaptation with solid acting.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked it.... As a movie. It was a great movie except it didn't follow the book well

message 4: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I really liked it. I went to see it four times. ;) The only thing is they didn't put Uriah, Marlene, and Lynn in.

message 5: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I finally saw it and loved it! Nowhere near as good as the book but it was great!

message 6: by Juliet (new)

Juliet | 245 comments I loved the movie but I wished they kept some things. Muffin shooting with Uriah, Marlene, and Lynn was one of my favorite scenes. Scary Peter! xD He wasn't all that scary in the movie to me! (he did a lot more ugly things in the book)
BUT I am so glad Christina didn't steal Tris' thunder in capture the flag. I hated her for that in the book!

message 7: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
They left out a lot of parts that should have been included

message 8: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Yeah they did!!

message 9: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
(This is really weird), I wish that they had included Edward in the movie, even the part when he gets his eye stabbed with a butter knife

message 10: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I do too! He's actually kind of important!

message 11: by Saumya (new)

Saumya | 159 comments I liked the movie but after reading the book, I expected so much more... :(

message 12: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments What do you mean?

message 13: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Yeah I know what you mean. Because I think people who just see the movie would love it but to people who've read the book would expect more from the movie.

message 14: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Ohh! I thought you were saying you read the book after you saw the movie and expected so much more from the book! :O

message 15: by Saumya (new)

Saumya | 159 comments Hehe, I think that hardly ever happens :) I always find the book versions so much more better! Am I the only one out here? I mean, I like movies, but I prefer books anyday :)

message 16: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments The books are normally always better no matter what the book is because you can actually know what the characters are thinking.

message 17: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments yeah i've yet to find a movie that is better than its book. unless its one of those made from a movie books. usually, whichever is the original thing, book or movie, is best.