What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children’s book about witches. Three stories; witch is caught by a giant in one. Detailed illustrations.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Walker | 6 comments There were three stories in this book, I think, but I only really remember one detail from one story - a witch is caught by a giant. More than anything, I remember the artwork giving me nightmares as a kid because it was so detailed. Not much to go on, I know, but any help is appreciated!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
What year did you read it?

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments Can you remember anything specific about the artwork? Pen and ink, watercolor, etc.? Brilliant color or muted tones? Realistic, cartoony, caricatured?

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Walker | 6 comments It was probably ‘87 or ‘88 when I read the book, I was very young. The artwork, as I remember it, was very realistic, with mostly muted colors, but some were deeper. I remember in one image, it was a witch’s room in a castle, she was at her cauldron and there were bones scattered all around the room, and in another, the giant was holding the witch up between his thumb and forefinger.
I might be wrong, but I think at the end of the story, the witch decided to be a good witch, maybe? It’s been driving me insane for years that I can’t remember much or find this book, and my mother doesn’t remember it at all, but I know she read it to me.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
Bumping since Katherine posted today.