What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy children's book where a young girl puts on a fox coat and transforms into a fox

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Xanthia (new)

Xanthia (xanthian) | 2 comments I can't remember much other the basic plot but:

A young girl (human) is for some reason staying with somebody else (possibly a tailor). The girl finds a cloak/coat made of a warm fox skin, and puts it on. The fur cloak/coat fuses to her skin and she can't take it off. (Not certain on this but I think she was specifically told not to put it on).

Once she's fused with the fur cloak/coat, she can turn into a fox at will. It turns out that the cloak/coat was meant for somebody else, and when the woman it was intended for learns that the girl (unintentionally) stole it, she is furious. This is the most that I remember, but it's also possible that the girl then goes on the run. Possible fae in the story too?

I read this somewhere between 2008 - 2013 and I'm pretty sure it was a paperback book. The story wasn't set in modern days.

The whole story seemed very fairytaley and I've got a feeling the book has a female author.

message 2: by Xanthia (new)

Xanthia (xanthian) | 2 comments Bump?

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4163 comments 13 Secrets by Michelle Harrison? This review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... mention coat and turning into a fox.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Xanthia, was your book "13 Secrets" or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

13 Secrets (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michelle Harrison (other topics)