2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Mountain Between Us
This topic is about The Mountain Between Us
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > The Mountain Between Us

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Charles Martin‘s book, The Mountain Between Us.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Julia, Allie, Kristy

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 82
Week 2: 82
Week 3: 82
Week 4: 82

Kristy Johnston | 260 comments I'm still on the waiting list at the library to get this book but I expect to have it within the next week or so.

Allie | 282 comments Got it from the library yesterday but I have a few March books to finish up first so I’m glad no one else has started lol.

message 5: by Allie (last edited Apr 07, 2018 10:22PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 282 comments I started today!! It’s a really easy book to read....before I knew it, I was a third of the way in.

Julia Lowrence (juliettal) | 140 comments I've started it today. Agree with Allie, very easy and enjoyable to read. But I'm only at chapter 5:)

Allie | 282 comments Finished!!

Solid three stars.

Julia Lowrence (juliettal) | 140 comments Finished. 3/5
A nice book to spend couple of evenings but nothing more.

Allie | 282 comments Yeah, it wasn’t anything special I had to rush home and read for :/

Kristy Johnston | 260 comments I finally got my copy and started last night. I just finished chapter eight. It does seem like it's going to be an easy read. Not really what I was expecting detail wise.

I've been interested in the story going on around the main characters but there's something about the flashbacks that Ben has about his past that feel awkward to me. I don't know if it's the writing style or what. Maybe as I keep reading I'll figure it out.

Kristy Johnston | 260 comments I finished this book over the weekend and I have to say I was disappointed. I thought the concept was an interesting idea but the execution just wasn't polished enough for me. The flashbacks were awkward for me (view spoiler). Despite that, I just felt that they didn't flow well with the present narrative which I quite enjoyed.

That said, my husband watched the movie trailer with me the other day and has decided he wants to see the movie. I'm thinking that it might translate better onscreen though I'm sure that they'll have to change a few things to make it workable.

message 12: by Allie (last edited Apr 24, 2018 03:04PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Allie | 282 comments In the end, I understood why they used the flashbacks, but ugh! Those parts were tedious to read. I ended up just skimming them.

Kristy Johnston | 260 comments Allie wrote: "In the end, I understood why they used the flashbacks, but ugh! Those parts were tedious to read. I ended up just skimming them."

"Tedious" is a good word for it. I kept thinking there had to be a reason for them but it really didn't help while you were wading through it all.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Mountain Between Us (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Charles Martin (other topics)