YA Book Addicts discussion

Favorites > Favorite Book Quotes

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
One of my favorites are:
"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be. Imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present"
-looking for Alaska

message 2: by Cheryl (last edited Jul 24, 2014 11:16PM) (new)

Cheryl L | 40 comments Gosh I have so so many...I'll just list a few
“There are so many worse things than death. Not to be loved or not to be able to love: that is worse.” Tessa Gray, TID

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” Tessa Gray, TID

“I wouldn't change it," Simon said. "I wouldn't give up loving you. Not for anything. You know what Raphael told me? That I didn't know how to be a good vampire, that vampires accept that they're dead. But as long as I remember what it was like to love you, I'll always feel like I'm alive.”
Simon Lewis, TMI

“All I ever wanted was to reach out and touch another human being not just with my hands but with my heart.” Juliette Ferrars, Shatter me

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I love Tessa! It's like everything she says is beautiful (:

message 4: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite"
"We accept the love we think we deserve"
-The Perks of Being a Wallflower

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) “Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.” -Cassandra Clare

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) “We live and breathe words. It was books that kept me from taking my own life after I thought I could never love anyone, never be loved again. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.” -Cassandra Clare

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) “It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.”
― Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) “Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.”
― Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) “No. I can survive well enough on my own— if given the proper reading material.”
― Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) “We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Heavenly Fire

message 11: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Miss Perfection (Rachel) wrote: "“We live and breathe words. It was books that kept me from taking my own life after I thought I could never love anyone, never be loved again. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not ..."

One of my favorites as well!

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) “Because the world isn't divided into the special and the ordinary. Everyone has the potential to be extra ordinary.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Heavenly Fire

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) “but for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short.”
― Jane Austen

message 14: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

This isn't a book quote but I love it!

"If your going through hell keep going"-Winston Churchill

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

one of my favorite quotes is definently:

"Why are you limping like that?" Nicholas demanded
I'm swaggering,' I informed him
You look like you're wearing a diaper.'
Charming, and I had a crush on this guy.
Wait. I had a crush on this guy?
Now what?' he asked "you're making weird faces"
Nothing! I said quickly 'nevermind'

message 16: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Wow, I have a LOT of book favorites, so here are a few of my favorites. I skipped a bunch that were more spoiler-y or that weren't from books I'd read :)

“Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.” ~I Am the Messenger

“The choice for mankind lies between freedom and happiness and for the great bulk of mankind, happiness is better.” ~1984

“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.” ~The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

“Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” ~The Princess Bride

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” ~Harry Potter #2

“Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life.” ~Eragon

“You must forge your own path for it to mean anything.” ~The Lost Hero

“Of all creatures that breathe and move upon the earth, nothing is bred that is weaker than man.” ~The Odyssey

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.” ~Dance of Dragons

"Wasn't that what religions did? Squint at one another and declare, 'My unprovable belief is better than your unprovable belief. Suck it.'” ~Dreams of Gods and Monsters

message 17: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 152 comments "Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light" - Harry Potter

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"We live and breathe words"

message 19: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
How am I supposed to choose, I would be here all day

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Ikr?!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll let you go if you stay

In this moment i swear we are infinite

We accept the love we think we deserve

We find light even in the darkest times

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

“Tucking my nose into a book makes me completely oblivious to my surroundings. I would have made a terrible spy in the army--the first person to hand me a novel would have been able to shoot my head clean off without me noticing.”
― Alyxandra Harvey, Haunting Violet
Love love love this quote..cuz it describes me!:)

message 23: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments "We accept the love we think we deserve"
-Perks