Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Beta Reading / Proofreading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (last edited Apr 14, 2018 01:57PM) (new)

Sara Sykora | 21 comments I have been a beta reader for awhile reading different genres and providing feedback regarding the story. I finally figured out that I really enjoy the proofreading side of it even more. While I love reading a good story, I love finding double words, misspelled words, wrong use of the word (effect/affect), etc.

I do work full-time as an Administrative Assistant, but I am willing to begin this journey and help authors with proofreading their books in exchange for $25 for a book under 100,000 words. If possible, I would love to get a copy of the actual book as well.

I love the following genres:
Fantasy
Horror
Suspense
YA
Thriller
Sci-Fi

Please message me if you are interested. I know I am not as seasoned as others, but I do take pride in what I do. My job has to always make the person I support look good.

message 2: by N.S. (new)

N.S. Austin | 28 comments Hi Sara,
I have an 80K thriller that's almost ready. I wanted a final read-through by a handful of betas to make sure nothing was missed. Should be almost no editing but detailed eyes always catch something. The title is Soldier Hero Thief. Check out my website at nsaustinwrites.com for blurb on the novel. If you're interested, please email me at nsaustinwrites@gmail.com. Thanks!

message 3: by Stone (new)

Stone | 10 comments Hey Sara,
I have 96k fantasy set in modern day that I need a beta reader to review. I am mainly looking for a plot review, character review, etc. I do plan on hiring an editor to fix spelling, etc. but if you can find some of that also I would love it. Message me if you are interested.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Sykora | 21 comments I just finished proofreading a book for an author and would love to get another one lined up.

If you have any book under 100,000 words that you need proofread, please reach out.

message 5: by N.S. (new)

N.S. Austin | 28 comments Sara did an outstanding job proofreading my novel, Soldier Hero Thief. She found quite a few minor errors that two other editors had missed. She's very thorough, professional, and helpful. I strongly recommend Sara to anyone needing that extra set of eyes!

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Sykora | 21 comments I have time to proofread another book under 100,000 words.

I charge $25 and if possible a copy of the book when it gets published.

Please reach out if you need a great proofreader!

Thanks
Sara

message 7: by J. (new)

J. Kenyarta (jkenyarta) | 2 comments Sara,

Hello, do you have an email address where we can reach you?

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Sykora | 21 comments twake2007@gmail.com

message 9: by Chanda (new)

Chanda | 31 comments What’s your turnaround time right now? I have a 72k ya urban fantasy that I’d like one more look at before I publish. Thanks!